I have no item(module) in kcontrol - KDE

This is a discussion on I have no item(module) in kcontrol - KDE ; I have just finished upgrading KDE-3.4 from KDE-3.3.0 in Redhat9.0. But I can't find any module(item or category) in kcontrol. So after I open a terminal, input command "kcmshell --list". But I can see only following message, "The following modules ...

  1. I have no item(module) in kcontrol

    I have just finished upgrading KDE-3.4 from KDE-3.3.0 in Redhat9.0.
    But I can't find any module(item or category) in kcontrol.
    So after I open a terminal, input command "kcmshell --list".
    But I can see only following message, "The following modules are
    available:".
    To make matter worse there is no item in K-Menu.
    What should I do?

  2. Re: I have no item(module) in kcontrol

    thisrule wrote:

    > I have just finished upgrading KDE-3.4 from KDE-3.3.0 in Redhat9.0.
    > But I can't find any module(item or category) in kcontrol.
    > So after I open a terminal, input command "kcmshell --list".
    > But I can see only following message, "The following modules are
    > available:".
    > To make matter worse there is no item in K-Menu.
    > What should I do?

    How did you upgrade it and where from ?
    It sounds like it's missing a couple of files
    eg kdeaccessibility.

    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~Thor

  3. Re: I have no item(module) in kcontrol

    I got kde package from KDE official download site.
    kdeaccessbility package files which I installed are:
    kdeaccessibility-kttsd-gstreamer-3.4.0-1.0.rh90.kde
    kdeaccessibility-devel-3.4.0-1.0.rh90.kde
    kdeaccessibility-3.4.0-1.0.rh90.kde

    Is there any solution to recover kcontrol items?

  4. Re: I have no item(module) in kcontrol

    thisrule wrote:

    > I got kde package from KDE official download site.
    > kdeaccessbility package files which I installed are:
    > kdeaccessibility-kttsd-gstreamer-3.4.0-1.0.rh90.kde
    > kdeaccessibility-devel-3.4.0-1.0.rh90.kde
    > kdeaccessibility-3.4.0-1.0.rh90.kde
    >
    > Is there any solution to recover kcontrol items?

    Do you have a kcontrolrc file ?
    The other thing I would check is some sort of conflict between packages, ie
    rpm -qa |grep kde
    and make sure they are all approximately the same version number.

    Another thing to try, while it won't show the problem will reveal if you
    have a system wide problem, create a new user and see if it works for that
    user. Have you tried running it from a runbox rather than from the start
    menu ?
    ie alt-F2 and typing kcontrol into the box.

    --

+ Reply to Thread