cdrom not automounting after 3.4 upgrade - KDE

This is a discussion on cdrom not automounting after 3.4 upgrade - KDE ; I'm using mandrake 10.1 and recently upgraded to KDE 3.4 using Thac's rpm's (all I installed was kde-base and dependencies). Everything seems ok afterwards, except for a couple of things I can't fix: It appears my cdrom and dvd writer ...

  1. cdrom not automounting after 3.4 upgrade

    I'm using mandrake 10.1 and recently upgraded to KDE 3.4 using Thac's
    rpm's (all I installed was kde-base and dependencies). Everything seems
    ok afterwards, except for a couple of things I can't fix:

    It appears my cdrom and dvd writer drives aren't automounting when I
    put a disk in anymore. It works fine if I mount it manually though, so
    it's not a problem with detecting the drive. This is what my fstab has:

    none /mnt/cdrom supermount
    dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,exec,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,noauto,users
    0 0
    none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
    dev=/dev/hdd,fs=auto,exec,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,noauto,users
    0 0

    (The supermount option was something I added to see if that was the
    problem, but that didn't fix it either).

    I've also got another issue that's not so important. After the upgrade,
    the Restart and Shutdown options on the Menu don't work anymore.
    Instead of rebooting or shutting down the machine, they just restart X.
    reboot on the command line works fine though.

    I would appreciate any help, especially on the cdrom mounting issue. I
    don't even know how to debug these problems, so any help on how to get
    more info would be good too.

    Thanks

  2. Re: cdrom not automounting after 3.4 upgrade

    I've worked out part of the problem. It seems magicdev isn't starting
    automatically at boot any more.

    I don't know how it was previously started, so I added a link in rc3.d.
    Hopefully that should fix it.

    Still no resolution on the restart issue though.

+ Reply to Thread