KDE kills clients after init by default - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE kills clients after init by default - KDE ; Hi All, Does anyone know what is the kde analog for gnome's 'KillInitClients=false'. Basically, I want any clients that are initiated at the init screen to stay alive. Also, can someone explain to me why /etc/kde/kdm/Xsetup get called before the ...

  1. KDE kills clients after init by default

    Hi All,

    Does anyone know what is the kde analog for gnome's
    'KillInitClients=false'.

    Basically, I want any clients that are initiated at the init screen to
    stay alive.

    Also, can someone explain to me why /etc/kde/kdm/Xsetup get called
    before the login screen ? I would think this would get called after KDE
    is started.

    TIA,
    rouble

  2. Re: KDE kills clients after init by default

    wrote in message
    news:1110926355.266465.12720@l41g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Also, can someone explain to me why /etc/kde/kdm/Xsetup get called
    > before the login screen ? I would think this would get called after KDE
    > is started.

    Because kdm is providing behaviour equivalent to xdm, remenber kdm is the
    logon manager (not the KDE desktop environment) and you need to set up
    certain things before kdm is started. If you want something to start when
    KDE is up and running drop a link in the Autostart directory (or is it
    Autorun? sorry I forget).

    --
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread