mandrake and KDE 3.4 - KDE

This is a discussion on mandrake and KDE 3.4 - KDE ; Hello everyone, How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux. I mean the KDE 3.4 version?? Greets Alex...

  1. mandrake and KDE 3.4

    Hello everyone,

    How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux.
    I mean the KDE 3.4 version??

    Greets Alex

  2. Re: mandrake and KDE 3.4

    Alex wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux.
    > I mean the KDE 3.4 version??
    >
    > Greets Alex

    Patience good sir, once it turns final, you'll see Thac or someone else spit
    out some packages, and Cooker will start making some too once 10.2 is out
    (probably can't count on 3.4 to be part of 10.2, like 3.3 didn't make it to
    10.1). Until then, only option is to compile it yourself

    --
    Why do cats jump out of windows? Because there's love out there!

  3. Re: mandrake and KDE 3.4

    DanielEKFA wrote:

    > Alex wrote:
    >
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux.
    >> I mean the KDE 3.4 version??
    >>
    >> Greets Alex

    > Patience good sir, once it turns final, you'll see Thac or someone else
    > spit out some packages, and Cooker will start making some too once 10.2 is
    > out (probably can't count on 3.4 to be part of 10.2, like 3.3 didn't make
    > it to 10.1). Until then, only option is to compile it yourself

    Oups, seems like Thac just made me a liar

    http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mir...PMS/kde-3.4.0/

    --
    Why do cats jump out of windows? Because there's love out there!

  4. Re: mandrake and KDE 3.4

    Alex wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux.
    > I mean the KDE 3.4 version??
    >
    > Greets Alex

    Three options:

    1. Wait for the next Mandrake release
    2. Maybe someone makes Mandrake RPMS after the release
    3. Install it yourself with the source. I don't recommend this one though,
    installing a second KDE on Mandrake is a real pain.

    Kind regards,

    --
    Bram Schoenmakers
    KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

  5. Re: mandrake and KDE 3.4

    DanielEKFA wrote:

    > DanielEKFA wrote:
    >
    >> Alex wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello everyone,
    >>>
    >>> How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux.
    >>> I mean the KDE 3.4 version??
    >>>
    >>> Greets Alex

    >> Patience good sir, once it turns final, you'll see Thac or someone else
    >> spit out some packages, and Cooker will start making some too once 10.2
    >> is out (probably can't count on 3.4 to be part of 10.2, like 3.3 didn't
    >> make it to 10.1). Until then, only option is to compile it yourself
    >>

    > Oups, seems like Thac just made me a liar
    >
    > http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mir...PMS/kde-3.4.0/

    Okey, and now the next question. how can i make it possible to install from
    this location..??

  6. Re: mandrake and KDE 3.4

    Alex wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > How do i get a kde version for Mandrake linux.
    > I mean the KDE 3.4 version??
    >
    > Greets Alex

    get konstruct and build kde 3.4 for yourself. This is
    easy and does not damage the old kde ...
    Start here:
    http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/
    --
    there is nothing - absolute nothing - half so much worth
    doing as simply messing about with Linux ...

  7. Re: mandrake and KDE 3.4

    Alex wrote:

    > DanielEKFA wrote:
    >
    >> DanielEKFA wrote:

    >>> Patience good sir, once it turns final, you'll see Thac or someone else
    >>> spit out some packages, and Cooker will start making some too once 10.2
    >>> is out (probably can't count on 3.4 to be part of 10.2, like 3.3 didn't
    >>> make it to 10.1). Until then, only option is to compile it yourself
    >>>

    >> Oups, seems like Thac just made me a liar
    >>
    >> http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mir...PMS/kde-3.4.0/
    >>

    > Okey, and now the next question. how can i make it possible to install
    > from this location..??

    I think you need to use an official mandrake "update" medium, and "plf". You
    can find mirrors here: http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

    Then you can visit Thacs, and find any mirror: http://rpm.nyvalls.se
    And you can add the media like this:
    urpmi.addmedia thacs.rpms http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.1/RPMS with hdlist.cz

    At last, you can install the updates:

    urpmi --auto-select
    Or just:
    urpmi kdebase

    It the dependendis fails, you can try to uninstall some packages, and
    reinstall them, when the rest of the updates are succeeded.

    Amund

+ Reply to Thread