xine doesn't sound anymore (mandrake 9.1) - KDE

This is a discussion on xine doesn't sound anymore (mandrake 9.1) - KDE ; Hi All I got Mandrake Linux 9.1. Since some time ago - xine doesn't sound anymore under KDE (Gnome: sometimes). Can anybody tell me what could have gone wrong? Pascal...

  1. xine doesn't sound anymore (mandrake 9.1)

    Hi All

    I got Mandrake Linux 9.1.
    Since some time ago - xine doesn't sound anymore under KDE (Gnome:
    sometimes).
    Can anybody tell me what could have gone wrong?

    Pascal

  2. Re: xine doesn't sound anymore (mandrake 9.1)

    Pascal Steiss wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > I got Mandrake Linux 9.1.
    > Since some time ago - xine doesn't sound anymore under KDE (Gnome:
    > sometimes).
    > Can anybody tell me what could have gone wrong?
    >
    > Pascal

    With that information, it is difficult to tell. Try opening xine from a
    terminal, and look for clues there. Is it only Xine, or have you lost
    sound in all apps (as distinct from system sounds)? I think that 9.1 has
    aumix. See if sound is disabled there.

    Doug.
    --
    ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
    Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

+ Reply to Thread