kaddressbook - KDE

This is a discussion on kaddressbook - KDE ; Hi probably a stupid question: where does kaddressbok store the addressbook file? (I'm quite sure I selectet 'file' at the first start.) alex -- "Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich." (Sir ...

  1. kaddressbook

    --
    "Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the
    rich." (Sir Peter Ustinov)

  2. Re: kaddressbook

    Alexander Linkenbach wrote:

    > Hi
    > probably a stupid question:
    > where does kaddressbok store the addressbook file? (I'm quite sure I
    > selectet 'file' at the first start.)
    > alex

    Can be slightly distro dependent.
    Mainly inside the .kde directory.
    From there go to share/apps/kab

    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~~Thor

  3. Re: kaddressbook

    Thor wrote:

    > Alexander Linkenbach wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> probably a stupid question:
    >> where does kaddressbok store the addressbook file? (I'm quite sure I
    >> selectet 'file' at the first start.)
    >> alex

    > Can be slightly distro dependent.
    > Mainly inside the .kde directory.
    > From there go to share/apps/kab

    Well that is what I thought, but:
    ~/.kde/share/apps/kab is empty,
    ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook is empty
    adn ~/.kde/share/apps/kac/ contains the folders for logos, pictures and
    sound and seven .vcf files, which is too few for all my entries.
    alex
    --
    "Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the
    rich." (Sir Peter Ustinov)

  4. Re: kaddressbook

    Alexander Linkenbach wrote:

    > Thor wrote:
    >
    >> Alexander Linkenbach wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> probably a stupid question:
    >>> where does kaddressbok store the addressbook file? (I'm quite sure I
    >>> selectet 'file' at the first start.)
    >>> alex

    >> Can be slightly distro dependent.
    >> Mainly inside the .kde directory.
    >> From there go to share/apps/kab
    >>

    > Well that is what I thought, but:
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kab is empty,
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook is empty
    > adn ~/.kde/share/apps/kac/ contains the folders for logos, pictures and
    > sound and seven .vcf files, which is too few for all my entries.
    > alex

    Nope that's where it's at

    Have a look here did a little googling

    http://www.linuxandmain.com/comment/dep032002.html

    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~~Thor

  5. Re: kaddressbook

    Alexander Linkenbach wrote:

    > Well that is what I thought, but:
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kab is empty,
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook is empty
    > adn ~/.kde/share/apps/kac/ contains the folders for logos, pictures and
    > sound and seven .vcf files, which is too few for all my entries.

    Actually it's all in .kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf - the std.vcf_n are
    backups. Photos are embedded in std.vcf as well, photos/ is empty here,
    although I have set some contact pics.

  6. Re: kaddressbook

    Alexander Linkenbach wrote:

    >>> probably a stupid question:
    >>> where does kaddressbok store the addressbook file? (I'm quite sure I
    >>> selectet 'file' at the first start.)
    >>> alex

    >> Can be slightly distro dependent.
    >> Mainly inside the .kde directory.
    >> From there go to share/apps/kab
    >>

    > Well that is what I thought, but:
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kab is empty,
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook is empty
    > adn ~/.kde/share/apps/kac/ contains the folders for logos, pictures and
    > sound and seven .vcf files, which is too few for all my entries.

    Why not search for something in your addressbook with grep? Eg

    cd .kde
    grep -ir Linkenbach .

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  7. Re: kaddressbook

    Thor wrote:

    > Alexander Linkenbach wrote:
    >
    >> Thor wrote:

    >>> Can be slightly distro dependent.
    >>> Mainly inside the .kde directory.
    >>> From there go to share/apps/kab
    >>>

    >> Well that is what I thought, but:
    >> ~/.kde/share/apps/kab is empty,
    >> ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook is empty
    >> adn ~/.kde/share/apps/kac/ contains the folders for logos, pictures and
    >> sound and seven .vcf files, which is too few for all my entries.
    >> alex

    > Nope that's where it's at
    >
    > Have a look here did a little googling
    >
    > http://www.linuxandmain.com/comment/dep032002.html

    That certainly explains why it does not appear to be clear.
    Thanks for the help everyboy.
    alex

    --
    "Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the
    rich." (Sir Peter Ustinov)

+ Reply to Thread