Firefox and KDE file associations - KDE

This is a discussion on Firefox and KDE file associations - KDE ; I changed the file association for text/html to Firefox, so now when I click on a hyperlink in an email message (KMail) the page opens in a new tab in Firefox.**However,*the*cursor*gets*a*Firefox*icon* and another Firefox button appears in the task list ...

  1. Firefox and KDE file associations

    I changed the file association for text/html to Firefox, so now when I
    click on a hyperlink in an email message (KMail) the page opens in a
    new tab in Firefox.**However,*the*cursor*gets*a*Firefox*icon* and
    another Firefox button appears in the task list -- as if a new Firefox
    window were trying to open.**If*I*click*on*the*new*Firefox*button*in
    the task list, nothing happens.**Eventually, the button goes away and
    the cursor reverts.**Is*this*normal*behavior? It does not happen when
    I click on a hyperlink in KNode.
    --
    Jeffrey Barish

  2. Re: Firefox and KDE file associations

    Jeffrey Barish wrote:

    > Eventually, the button goes away and
    > the cursor reverts.**Is*this*normal*behavior?

    Yes.

    --
    Bram Schoenmakers
    KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

  3. Re: Firefox and KDE file associations

    Bram Schoenmakers wrote:

    > Jeffrey Barish wrote:
    >
    >> Eventually, the button goes away and
    >> the cursor reverts.**Is*this*normal*behavior?

    > Yes.

    Fine. Any idea then why linking from KNode behaves differently?
    --
    Jeffrey Barish

+ Reply to Thread