Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh - KDE

This is a discussion on Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh - KDE ; Can kde use something other than a shortcut via the desktop to the cd/floppy/trashcan? On occassions I lose these icons, for whatever reason. And I care not to script to this, oh yea! all you have to do is this...on ...

  1. Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

    Can kde use something other than a shortcut via the desktop to the
    cd/floppy/trashcan?
    On occassions I lose these icons, for whatever reason. And I care not
    to script to this, oh yea! all you have to do is this...on and on
    (geektech)... Look, I just want to get my job done so that I can get
    out once in a while for a life. Instead i'm figuring this out and that.
    Screen resolution jacked up upon installation? hit alt +. Oh! btw this
    little workaround worked. I am seriously thinking of dual booting again
    to limit myself from a few of the inconsistencies inherient in some
    sectors of the desktop.

  2. Re: Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

    daman wrote:

    > Can kde use something other than a shortcut via the desktop to
    > the cd/floppy/trashcan?
    > On occassions I lose these icons, for whatever reason. And I
    > care not to script to this, oh yea! all you have to do is
    > this...on and on (geektech)... Look, I just want to get my job
    > done so that I can get out once in a while for a life. Instead
    > i'm figuring this out and that. Screen resolution jacked up upon
    > installation? hit alt +. Oh! btw this little workaround worked.
    > I am seriously thinking of dual booting again to limit myself
    > from a few of the inconsistencies inherient in some sectors of
    > the desktop.

    Sure, for CD/Floppy do Alt-F2->mount /mnt/cdrom (or whatever is in
    your /etc/fstab)->use the file manager to acces the device.

    For trashcan also use the filemanger. Usually it's
    ~/Desktop/Trash. If it's not there check Control Center->System
    Administration->Paths->Trash path

    Ransom
    --
    For real email get public key 0xF6BB5695 from www.keyserver.net
    NO to Software Patents - http://www.ffii.org

  3. Re: Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

    thanks, but I already have enough regular work to do, other than
    figuring out which command fits where to for and such... Thanks much
    for the advice, i'll use it when i get about another 2 or 3 days to
    experiment.

  4. Re: Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

    better stick with aol

  5. Re: Can kdevelopment team?... AAAArrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

    daman wrote:

    > thanks, but I already have enough regular work to do, other than
    > figuring out which command fits where to for and such... Thanks much
    > for the advice, i'll use it when i get about another 2 or 3 days to
    > experiment.

    They shouldn't be shortcuts anyhow but diffefrent distros do their own
    things.
    If you turn device icons on for mounted and unmounted in control centre
    desktop then they will always be there as the kde system takes care of them
    but a lot of distros turn off all these for their own mount methods.

+ Reply to Thread