How to customize mouse gesture in KDE? - KDE

This is a discussion on How to customize mouse gesture in KDE? - KDE ; ALT+Left Button => move the window Where is it defined? How can I create my own definitions? I would like to create: ALT+SHIP+ Left Button => Minimize window....

  1. How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

    ALT+Left Button => move the window

    Where is it defined?

    How can I create my own definitions? I would like to create:

    ALT+SHIP+ Left Button => Minimize window.

  2. Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

    Leonardo wrote:

    > ALT+Left Button => move the window
    >
    > Where is it defined?
    >
    > How can I create my own definitions? I would like to create:
    >
    > ALT+SHIP+ Left Button => Minimize window.

    I think it's wishful thinking. Try doing what I do (KDE 3.1 defaults)...
    press ALT+F3 and then 'n'. It won't take much longer; takes a while to make
    it instinctive...

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

  3. Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

    On 2 Mar 2005 17:38:20 -0800, Leonardo wrote:

    > ALT+Left Button => move the window
    >
    > Where is it defined?
    >
    > How can I create my own definitions? I would like to create:
    >
    > ALT+SHIP+ Left Button => Minimize window.

    Now lets try real hard.... Where do you think it *might* be defined? Lets
    go real crazy and just guess that it might be in the KDE control-centre
    under... Oh, I don't know maybe something to do with the keyboard? Hmm.
    lets go out on a limb here, what are keyboards usually changed
    for...language layouts, shortcuts...

    Damn this is to hard for me ; I'd better go and RTFM (Read The Fine Manual)

    --
    akar

  4. Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

    Hello Andrew Kar,

    > Now lets try real hard.... Where do you think it *might* be defined? Lets
    > go real crazy and just guess that it might be in the KDE control-centre
    > under... Oh, I don't know maybe something to do with the keyboard? Hmm.
    > lets go out on a limb here, what are keyboards usually changed
    > for...language layouts, shortcuts...
    >
    > Damn this is to hard for me ; I'd better go and RTFM (Read The Fine Manual)

    I tried that. I saw many things about Shortcuts using just keyboard.
    But nothing that mix Keyboard and Mouse together to result an action
    (like minimize).

    I searched the manual, google, a many buglist and mailing list.

    If it really exist in control panel, would you please tell me where,
    for example,
    ALT+left button = Move windows
    is defined?

    Would you help me and help many other users that could have the same
    question?

    Thank you.

  5. Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

    Leonardo wrote:

    > Hello Andrew Kar,
    >

    >> Now lets try real hard.... Where do you think it *might* be defined? Lets
    >> go real crazy and just guess that it might be in the KDE control-centre
    >> under... Oh, I don't know maybe something to do with the keyboard? Hmm.
    >> lets go out on a limb here, what are keyboards usually changed
    >> for...language layouts, shortcuts...
    >>
    >> Damn this is to hard for me ; I'd better go and RTFM (Read The Fine
    >> Manual)

    > I tried that. I saw many things about Shortcuts using just keyboard.
    > But nothing that mix Keyboard and Mouse together to result an action
    > (like minimize).
    >
    > I searched the manual, google, a many buglist and mailing list.
    >
    > If it really exist in control panel, would you please tell me where,
    > for example,
    > ALT+left button = Move windows
    > is defined?
    >
    > Would you help me and help many other users that could have the same
    > question?
    >
    > Thank you.

    I agree with Leonardo on this. I think that while shortcuts are accessible
    from control-center, they are not flexible enough. As well as these, I run
    xbindkeys to handle individual applications. I would love to be able to
    configure something simple for minimise and close.

    If you find a solution, will you please let us know?

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

  6. Re: How to customize mouse gesture in KDE?

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:34:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > agree with Leonardo on this. I think that while shortcuts are accessible
    > from control-center, they are not flexible enough. As well as these, I
    > run
    > xbindkeys to handle individual applications. I would love to be able to
    > configure something simple for minimise and close.
    > If you find a solution, will you please let us know?

    Damn! Does this mean I have to get serious??? Its just not in my nature
    you know.. They dont call me akar th' 'orrible for nothing.

    Go to Control Centre / Regional & Accessability / Keyboard Shortcuts
    There on the first Tab (Global Shortcuts) of the first TAB (Shortcut
    Schemes)

    There you can configure all window ops. Close is already bound to alt-F4
    but you can change it to what you like. I have minimise bound to
    alt-shift-m

    As to mixing keyboard and mouse buttons, Lionel should search on using 7
    button mice. The info pertaining to that is the same as he needs to do
    something like alt-shift-button3 to minimise.

    I would go the simpler way and use khotkeys with a Gesture(Keyboard Input
    simple) and make it something like button 2 (in global) horizontal slash
    to send the alt-f4 to close a window or vertical slash to minimise with
    alt-shift-m (in my case)