Mac themes on Kde 3.1 - KDE

This is a discussion on Mac themes on Kde 3.1 - KDE ; Hi, my name's Marco and I'm from Italy. I have a Mandrake 9.1 distribution with KDE 3.1 on it. I'd like to have a "mac-like" desktop and so I downloaded "Baghira". I un-zipped it, ran both configure and make but ...

  1. Mac themes on Kde 3.1

    Hi, my name's Marco and I'm from Italy.
    I have a Mandrake 9.1 distribution with KDE 3.1 on it.
    I'd like to have a "mac-like" desktop and so I downloaded "Baghira".
    I un-zipped it, ran both configure and make but it does not work anyway.
    I can't find the theme "baghira" between KDE themes or Styles...

    What shall I do???

    Do you know any other (not so difficult) way to make my desktop look more
    like a Mac (without buying a Mac, obviously)?

    Thanks
    --
    MarKco (ICQ #228664405)
    http://sole-luna.splinder.com

  2. Re: Mac themes on Kde 3.1

    marKco wrote:

    > I have a Mandrake 9.1 distribution with KDE 3.1 on it.
    > I'd like to have a "mac-like" desktop and so I downloaded "Baghira".
    > I un-zipped it, ran both configure and make but it does not work anyway.

    Any error messages?

    [snip]
    > Do you know any other (not so difficult) way to make my desktop look more
    > like a Mac (without buying a Mac, obviously)?

    You're going to hate this answer. I haven't found a better OS X style
    and window decoration than Baghira. I'm posting this from a Mac and I
    can tell you that Baghira isn't quite there yet. I'm telling you this
    because if you've spent any time with OS X you'll notice.

    --
    Andy.

  3. Re: Mac themes on Kde 3.1

    Andy Fraser wrote:

    >> Do you know any other (not so difficult) way to make my desktop look more
    >> like a Mac (without buying a Mac, obviously)?

    > You're going to hate this answer. I haven't found a better OS X style
    > and window decoration than Baghira. I'm posting this from a Mac and I
    > can tell you that Baghira isn't quite there yet. I'm telling you this
    > because if you've spent any time with OS X you'll notice.

    And the configuration dialog of Baghira is a complete mess. It takes some
    time before this style looks exactly as you want.

    --
    Bram Schoenmakers
    KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

  4. Re: Mac themes on Kde 3.1

    Il Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:10:16 +0000, Andy Fraser ha scritto:

    > Any error messages?

    No. It simply does not appear neither into the "themes" frame nor into the
    "styles" one...

    > You're going to hate this answer. I haven't found a better OS X style
    > and window decoration than Baghira.

    D'oh! =P

    --
    MarKco (ICQ #228664405)
    http://sole-luna.splinder.com
    Triste e' l'uomo
    che ama le cose
    solo quando si allontanano.
    (Baolian, libro dei pensieri Baol, I, vv. 1240-1242)

  5. Re: Mac themes on Kde 3.1

    Bram Schoenmakers wrote:

    >>>Do you know any other (not so difficult) way to make my desktop look more
    >>>like a Mac (without buying a Mac, obviously)?

    >>You're going to hate this answer. I haven't found a better OS X style
    >>and window decoration than Baghira. I'm posting this from a Mac and I
    >>can tell you that Baghira isn't quite there yet. I'm telling you this
    >>because if you've spent any time with OS X you'll notice.

    > And the configuration dialog of Baghira is a complete mess.

    Ain't that the truth.

    > It takes some
    > time before this style looks exactly as you want.

    It never looks quite right to me but that might be because I'm used to
    the real thing.

    --
    Andy.

  6. Re: Mac themes on Kde 3.1

    marKco wrote:

    >>Any error messages?

    > No. It simply does not appear neither into the "themes" frame nor into the
    > "styles" one...

    So it compiled ok? You might need to restart KDE before it shows up. I
    can't be that sure because it's been a long time since I last manually
    installed it.

    --
    Andy.

+ Reply to Thread