kate tab space count - KDE

This is a discussion on kate tab space count - KDE ; Hi After monkeying around with the various editors, and actually having only use kvim before in previos version of linux, I find that I really like kate. I'm writing code and would like to change the character space distance that ...

  1. kate tab space count

    Hi

    After monkeying around with the various editors, and actually having
    only use kvim before in previos version of linux, I find that I really
    like kate. I'm writing code and would like to change the character
    space distance that tab uses, every time a hit tab I'd like the cursor
    advance three spaces. Is this possible to change? Or has anyone tried
    useing a alias to do this?

    Thanks
    Mike

  2. Re: kate tab space count

    mmccaws@netscape.net wrote :

    > I'm writing code and would like to change the character space distance
    > that tab uses, every time a hit tab I'd like the cursor advance three
    > spaces. Is this possible to change?

    Go to "Setting"|"Configure Kate"|"Editing" here you can set the Tab
    width to 3.
    --
    Thomas O.

  3. Re: kate tab space count

    Thanks
    of course I feel like the fool since it was too easy

    but thanks

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:
    > mmccaws@netscape.net wrote :
    >
    > > I'm writing code and would like to change the character space

    distance
    > > that tab uses, every time a hit tab I'd like the cursor advance

    three
    > > spaces. Is this possible to change?

    > Go to "Setting"|"Configure Kate"|"Editing" here you can set the Tab
    > width to 3.
    > --
    > Thomas O.
    >
    > This area is designed to become quite warm during normal operation.

+ Reply to Thread