konqueror filebrowser going mad - KDE

This is a discussion on konqueror filebrowser going mad - KDE ; hi all, after installation of kde 3.3 mdk 10.2 rpm I got konqueror not opening directories and viewing them when I click or dbl-clk on them, but querying me to choose a program to run..on it as it do when ...

  1. konqueror filebrowser going mad

    hi all,
    after installation of kde 3.3 mdk 10.2 rpm
    I got konqueror not opening directories and viewing them
    when I click or dbl-clk on them,
    but querying me to choose a program to run..on it
    as it do when an unknown file is clicked...
    please help me...I wouldn't like to abandon konq
    to nautilus...

    tnx

  2. Re: konqueror filebrowser going mad

    berga wrote:

    > hi all,
    > after installation of kde 3.3 mdk 10.2 rpm
    > I got konqueror not opening directories and viewing them
    > when I click or dbl-clk on them,
    > but querying me to choose a program to run..on it
    > as it do when an unknown file is clicked...
    > please help me...I wouldn't like to abandon konq
    > to nautilus...
    >
    > tnx

    Why are you using Mandrake 10.2 ?

    This is *BETA* software.. It isn't fully functional.

    In other words, it's there for people to test so bugs
    can be found. Once all the bugs are found, then a
    stable, final release is issued. Beta software is not
    meant to be used as a daily desktop.

    It looks like you found one of the 103 reported bugs in
    10.2 development process

    The link below takes you to a list of some of the
    other current issues with the cooker and beta versions
    of the MDK rpms of KDE's Konqueror

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?D21E2159A

    If you want the least problems, stick with packages
    from the OFFICIAL Mandrake versions.. 10.1 Official
    is the latest stable release.

  3. Re: konqueror filebrowser going mad

    thank you, but rebooting system I solved...

+ Reply to Thread