KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox? - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox? - KDE ; Hello all! I've been playing with my settings, such as button styles etc. as well as my virtual resolution settings, trying to take advantage of my new LCD. And somewhere in there my Firefox now has a lower-like resolution. That ...

  1. KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox?

    Hello all!
    I've been playing with my settings, such as button styles etc. as well
    as my virtual resolution settings, trying to take advantage of my new
    LCD. And somewhere in there my Firefox now has a lower-like
    resolution. That is, the menu etc are all rather large while the pages
    appear as they would in Konqueror or whatever...

    Any ideas out there?

  2. Re: KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox?

    jefe@moscowmail.com wrote:

    > Hello all!
    > I've been playing with my settings, such as button styles etc. as well
    > as my virtual resolution settings, trying to take advantage of my new
    > LCD. And somewhere in there my Firefox now has a lower-like
    > resolution. That is, the menu etc are all rather large while the pages
    > appear as they would in Konqueror or whatever...
    >
    > Any ideas out there?

    Firefox has a Java-based GUI and it is barely affected by the KDE settings,
    if at all. I once messed about with the settings and had a problem similar
    to what you describe. Go to Edit -> Prefs. -> General -> Fonts and Colors.

    Have a look at . The other fields /might/ have an impact
    as well.

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

  3. Re: KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox?

    > Go to Edit -> Prefs. -> General -> Fonts and Colors.
    >
    > Have a look at . The other fields /might/ have an

    impact
    > as well.

    The fonts are fine, its the menu bars, the icons across the nav bar,
    and the status bar across the bottom. All huge. I did find the "use
    small icons" but that only puts them the the size that they used to be,
    which really isn't small at all, just normal...

    I feel like i should be wearing my mother's "make-it-BIG" glasses

    Any other ideas out there? Thanks for this one...

    lefty crupps

+ Reply to Thread