moving kmail messages without mouse - KDE

This is a discussion on moving kmail messages without mouse - KDE ; Hi! I've just upgraded to KDE 3.3.2 from 3.2 and Kmail also was upgraded to 1.7.2. Does anybody know how to restore the previous behavior of kmail when moving messages? In previous version (the one in KDE 3.2 on my ...

  1. moving kmail messages without mouse

    Hi!

    I've just upgraded to KDE 3.3.2 from 3.2 and Kmail also was upgraded to
    1.7.2.

    Does anybody know how to restore the previous behavior of kmail when moving
    messages? In previous version (the one in KDE 3.2 on my SuSE 9.1) you could
    move a message in a folder by simply hitting the "m" key followed by the
    first letters of the folder. For example if you wanted to move the current
    message in folder "friends" all you had to do was hitting "mf" and
    .

    With kmail 1.7.2 I can only use the mouse for moving messages. Can anybody
    please point me to a thread somewhere o give me a hint?

    Thank you all in advance,
    MAC

  2. Re: moving kmail messages without mouse

    MAC wrote :

    > With kmail 1.7.2 I can only use the mouse for moving messages. Can anybody
    > please point me to a thread somewhere o give me a hint?

    In KMail go to "Configure shortcuts" in the "Settings" menu and browse
    down to the "Move Message to Folder" option (or use the search field)
    and here you can add "M" as a shortcut.
    --
    Thomas O.

  3. Re: moving kmail messages without mouse

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:

    Thanks for your help, but I already have this. I would like to have the
    other behavior back, I mean the possibility of choosing the NAME of the
    folder you want to move your message in by hitting its first letters on the
    keyboard.
    I hope to have explained well what I mean.
    Thank you,
    MAC

    > MAC wrote :
    >
    >> With kmail 1.7.2 I can only use the mouse for moving messages. Can
    >> anybody please point me to a thread somewhere o give me a hint?

    > In KMail go to "Configure shortcuts" in the "Settings" menu and browse
    > down to the "Move Message to Folder" option (or use the search field)
    > and here you can add "M" as a shortcut.

  4. Re: moving kmail messages without mouse

    MAC wrote :

    > Thanks for your help, but I already have this. I would like to have the
    > other behavior back,

    Strange, I was missing the keyshortcut but the moment I added this I had
    the "other" behavior back too. Cant help you with this one because I
    didn't do anything to get it back.
    --
    Thomas O.

  5. Re: moving kmail messages without mouse

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:

    > Strange, I was missing the keyshortcut but the moment I added this I had
    > the "other" behavior back too. Cant help you with this one because I
    > didn't do anything to get it back.

    In the meantime I discovered that there must be a bug somewhere in my build.
    The "other" behavior works, but not properly. Say you have a series of
    folders like:

    aaaa
    bbbb
    cccc
    dddd
    eeee

    if you are on the "aaaa" folder you can hit "b" to go to the "bbbb" folder,
    but then you cannot hit "a" to return to the previous folder (that begins
    with "a"), neither can you hit, say, "e" to go to the last folder
    (beginning with "e").

    Strange, uh?
    bye,
    MAC

  6. Re: moving kmail messages without mouse

    MAC wrote:

    Well, after upgrading to SuSE 9.2 everything is now ok!
    bye,
    MAC

    > Hi!
    >
    > I've just upgraded to KDE 3.3.2 from 3.2 and Kmail also was upgraded to
    > 1.7.2.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to restore the previous behavior of kmail when
    > moving messages? In previous version (the one in KDE 3.2 on my SuSE 9.1)
    > you could move a message in a folder by simply hitting the "m" key
    > followed by the first letters of the folder. For example if you wanted to
    > move the current message in folder "friends" all you had to do was hitting
    > "mf" and .
    >
    > With kmail 1.7.2 I can only use the mouse for moving messages. Can anybody
    > please point me to a thread somewhere o give me a hint?
    >
    > Thank you all in advance,
    > MAC

+ Reply to Thread