[Kmix] how can i save volumes? - KDE

This is a discussion on [Kmix] how can i save volumes? - KDE ; Hi all, right now i've discovered that there is no 'save volumes' neither in control panel-> sound and multimedia, nor under kmix program/applet. So, how can i save kmix settings? It's done automatically? Another thing i've noticed, it's that no ...

  1. [Kmix] how can i save volumes?

    Hi all, right now i've discovered that there is no 'save volumes'
    neither in control panel-> sound and multimedia, nor under kmix
    program/applet. So, how can i save kmix settings? It's done
    automatically?
    Another thing i've noticed, it's that no sound it's played, under
    sistem sound (i'm reading in italian, so maybe it's not the right
    name), when i click the play arrow. In order to have the sound played i
    have to select an external player (like 'play' or alsaplayer). It's a
    bug or it's a feature?

    Thanks,
    Giovanni.

    --
    |^^^^|
    | | Eat my shorts ! * Linux Powered *
    |()()| / - Kernel 2.6.10 -
    -> gio.bcc tin.it <-

  2. Re: [Kmix] how can i save volumes?

    Giovanni wrote:

    > Hi all, right now i've discovered that there is no 'save volumes'
    > neither in control panel-> sound and multimedia, nor under kmix
    > program/applet. So, how can i save kmix settings? It's done
    > automatically?
    > Another thing i've noticed, it's that no sound it's played, under
    > sistem sound (i'm reading in italian, so maybe it's not the right
    > name), when i click the play arrow. In order to have the sound played i
    > have to select an external player (like 'play' or alsaplayer). It's a
    > bug or it's a feature?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Giovanni.

    If you're using KDE 3.3.2 and pre-packaged binaries (especially SuSE) then
    rebuild 'arts' and reinstall it. Then the knotify (system sounds etc) will
    work again. Long story short: the arts package in many (RPM AFAIK)
    distro's was totally fuX0r3d with KDE 3.3.2; the code is OK, the package is
    borked.

    James
    --
    Taxes are going up so fast, the government is likely to price itself out of
    the market.

  3. Re: [Kmix] how can i save volumes?

    Centurion, 07:44, marted́ 1 febbraio 2005:

    > If you're using KDE 3.3.2 and pre-packaged binaries (especially SuSE)
    > then rebuild 'arts' and reinstall it. Then the knotify (system sounds
    > etc) will
    > work again. Long story short: the arts package in many (RPM AFAIK)
    > distro's was totally fuX0r3d with KDE 3.3.2; the code is OK, the
    > package is borked.

    Well, the arts package i'm actually using it's not the pre-packaged
    distro version, but the .src.rpm rebuild by me. Just for information,
    I've also experienced the same behavior in a debian testing.

    Thanks,
    Giovanni.

    --
    |^^^^|