Wayward kfind - KDE

This is a discussion on Wayward kfind - KDE ; I am running KDE 3.3.2 on debian testing with kernel 2.6.8 Kfind will open ok but as soon as you click the find button regardless of what or where you are looking kfind goes 100% processor and just sits there. ...

  1. Wayward kfind

    I am running KDE 3.3.2 on debian testing with kernel 2.6.8

    Kfind will open ok but as soon as you click the find button regardless of
    what or where you are looking kfind goes 100% processor and just sits
    there. I have been able to shutdown kfind by clicking cancel but most times
    I have to kill the process. There are no error messages, any suggestion
    what it could be??

    Tim

  2. Re: Wayward kfind

    Tim wrote:

    > I am running KDE 3.3.2 on debian testing with kernel 2.6.8
    >
    > Kfind will open ok but as soon as you click the find button regardless of
    > what or where you are looking kfind goes 100% processor and just sits
    > there. I have been able to shutdown kfind by clicking cancel but most
    > times I have to kill the process. There are no error messages, any
    > suggestion what it could be??
    >
    > Tim

    Try running it from a console ...

    --
    *~~~ The ThunderLord is not dead ~~~*

  3. Re: Wayward kfind

    Thor wrote:

    > Tim wrote:
    >

    >> I am running KDE 3.3.2 on debian testing with kernel 2.6.8
    >>
    >> Kfind will open ok but as soon as you click the find button regardless of
    >> what or where you are looking kfind goes 100% processor and just sits
    >> there. I have been able to shutdown kfind by clicking cancel but most
    >> times I have to kill the process. There are no error messages, any
    >> suggestion what it could be??
    >>
    >> Tim

    > Try running it from a console ...

    Tried that but throw up no error messages

    I have managed to narrow it down to the fact that it only happens when I ask
    it to look for a file in the root (file:/) regardless if I type it in or
    except it from the drop down menu. Choose any other location to search in
    and it works OK

    Tim

  4. Re: Wayward kfind

    Tim wrote:

    > Thor wrote:
    >
    >> Tim wrote:
    >>

    >> Try running it from a console ...
    >>

    > Tried that but throw up no error messages
    >
    > I have managed to narrow it down to the fact that it only happens when I
    > ask it to look for a file in the root (file:/) regardless if I type it in
    > or except it from the drop down menu. Choose any other location to search
    > in and it works OK
    >
    > Tim

    I always tend to use midnight commander from an su login to search

    --
    *~~~ The ThunderLord is not dead ~~~*

  5. Re: Wayward kfind

    Tim wrote:

    > I am running KDE 3.3.2 on debian testing with kernel 2.6.8
    >
    > Kfind will open ok but as soon as you click the find button regardless
    > of what or where you are looking kfind goes 100% processor and just sits
    > there. I have been able to shutdown kfind by clicking cancel but most
    > times I have to kill the process. There are no error messages, any
    > suggestion what it could be??
    >
    > Tim

    Run top and see if it's the fam daemon that's using the cpu.

    hth cgm

+ Reply to Thread