Increasing the image preview sizes in konqueror? - KDE

This is a discussion on Increasing the image preview sizes in konqueror? - KDE ; Hey there I just got a digital camera Friday, and I've been shooting a lot with it (fun!). So I was thinking it'd be great if I could set the size of the preview that appears when I pause the ...

  1. Increasing the image preview sizes in konqueror?

    Hey there

    I just got a digital camera Friday, and I've been shooting a lot with it
    (fun!). So I was thinking it'd be great if I could set the size of the
    preview that appears when I pause the cursor over an icon in konqueror.
    Under settings, what I can find is limiting the preview to files under a
    certain filesize, and getting the preview sizes to follow the icon sizes.
    But they don't really get large enough for my taste, even with "huge" icons
    - and then I think the icons are too big

    Is there a text file I can edit to manually change the size of the previews?
    It'd be so nice if they could be like 400x300 or something like that

    Ta,
    Daniel

    --
    Why do cats jump out of windows? Because it sucks!

  2. Re: Increasing the image preview sizes in konqueror?

    DanielEKFA wrote:

    > Hey there
    >
    > I just got a digital camera Friday, and I've been shooting a lot with it
    > (fun!). So I was thinking it'd be great if I could set the size of the
    > preview that appears when I pause the cursor over an icon in konqueror.
    > Under settings, what I can find is limiting the preview to files under a
    > certain filesize, and getting the preview sizes to follow the icon sizes.
    > But they don't really get large enough for my taste, even with "huge" icons
    > - and then I think the icons are too big

    For icon size, I think all you can do is increase the size of all your icons.
    Your images will be bigger, but so will all the icons.

    Do you have your images associated to Kuickshow ? If so, you can just click on
    them and see them larger. Your mouse wheel will scroll through all the images
    in the directory.

    For image browsing, you'd probably be better off using an application
    dedicated to viewing images. I find GQview is great for this.

  3. Re: Increasing the image preview sizes in konqueror?

    DanielEKFA wrote:
    > Hey there
    >
    > I just got a digital camera Friday, and I've been shooting a lot with it
    > (fun!). So I was thinking it'd be great if I could set the size of the
    > preview that appears when I pause the cursor over an icon in konqueror.
    > Under settings, what I can find is limiting the preview to files under a
    > certain filesize, and getting the preview sizes to follow the icon sizes.
    > But they don't really get large enough for my taste, even with "huge" icons
    > - and then I think the icons are too big
    >
    > Is there a text file I can edit to manually change the size of the previews?
    > It'd be so nice if they could be like 400x300 or something like that
    >
    > Ta,
    > Daniel

    The small images displayed by konqueror are just thumbnails;
    they're not meant to be larger previews.

    IF you have the KDE "Gwenview" installed (installed by default
    with my SuSE 9.2), then there will be an icon for "Gwenview" on
    the konqueror "Main toolbar" (just to the right of the tree-view
    and icon-view toolbar buttons). Clicking the "Gwenview" button
    on the konqueror toolbar will cause the "Gwenview" image
    browser widget to be displayed inside the konqueror window.
    This widget has a true preview window, slide-show buttons
    (added to the main toolbar), basic image manipulation,
    image printing, etc, etc. I believe that this is what you're
    looking for...

    Regards,
    Larry