Slackware 10.0 and KDE 3.2.3 - KDE

This is a discussion on Slackware 10.0 and KDE 3.2.3 - KDE ; I have a very big problem with my system because of KDE 3.2.3. When I run KDE the system stops and only hard reset helps. I don't know what the problem is. This is the message which KDE print on ...

  1. Slackware 10.0 and KDE 3.2.3

    I have a very big problem with my system because of KDE 3.2.3. When I
    run KDE the system stops and only hard reset helps. I don't know what
    the problem is. This is the message which KDE print on screen:

    _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
    _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/maciek:0
    _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6

    Release Date: 18 December 2003
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.26 i686 [ELF]
    Current Operating System: Linux maciek 2.4.26 #6 Mon Jun 14 19:07:27 PDT
    2004 i686
    Build Date: 05 June 2004
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
    Module Loader present
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Jan 25 14:00:40 2005
    (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
    xset: bad font path element (#96), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
    startkde: Starting up...
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    kbuildsycoca running...
    ksplash: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance
    name passed to the constructor!
    kbuildsycoca: WARNING: Property 'X-KDE-Weight' is defined multiple times
    (KOfficeFilter)

  2. Re: Slackware 10.0 and KDE 3.2.3

    borimir wrote:

    > I have a very big problem with my system because of KDE 3.2.3. When I
    > run KDE the system stops and only hard reset helps. I don't know what
    > the problem is. This is the message which KDE print on screen:
    >
    > _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
    > _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/maciek:0
    > _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
    >
    > Release Date: 18 December 2003
    > X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
    > Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.26 i686 [ELF]
    > Current Operating System: Linux maciek 2.4.26 #6 Mon Jun 14 19:07:27 PDT
    > 2004 i686
    > Build Date: 05 June 2004
    > Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
    > to make sure that you have the latest version.
    > Module Loader present
    > Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    > (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    > (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    > (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Jan 25 14:00:40 2005
    > (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
    > xset: bad font path element (#96), possible causes are:
    > Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    > Directory missing fonts.dir
    > Incorrect font server address or syntax
    > startkde: Starting up...
    > QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    > QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    > QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    > QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    > kbuildsycoca running...
    > ksplash: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance
    > name passed to the constructor!
    > kbuildsycoca: WARNING: Property 'X-KDE-Weight' is defined multiple times
    > (KOfficeFilter)

    What ver. of Slack are you running? Did you just do an upgrade? How?
    Obviously, you have a font problem. This can be fixed in xorg.conf. Why not
    post it. Maybe KDE did not install correctly. Give us more info.

    Al C.

+ Reply to Thread