Import Konqueror Bookmarks back into Konqueror again - KDE

This is a discussion on Import Konqueror Bookmarks back into Konqueror again - KDE ; Hi! I have saved my Konqueror bookmarks before upgrading my Linux box from SuSE 8.2 (with KDE 3.2 installed manually) to SuSE 9.2 (with KDE 3.3 included). When now try to re-import the saved bookmarks into Konqueror again I see ...

  1. Import Konqueror Bookmarks back into Konqueror again

    Hi!

    I have saved my Konqueror bookmarks before upgrading my Linux box from
    SuSE 8.2 (with KDE 3.2 installed manually) to SuSE 9.2 (with KDE 3.3
    included).

    When now try to re-import the saved bookmarks into Konqueror again I
    see no way to do this wiht Konqueror. That's weired, it can import
    bookmarks from all other browsers, but not from itself.

    Is there any way to merge those bookmarks with my new Konqueror
    bookmarks on KDE 3.3?

    Cheers, Peter

  2. Re: Import Konqueror Bookmarks back into Konqueror again

    Peter Bittner wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have saved my Konqueror bookmarks before upgrading my Linux
    > box from SuSE 8.2 (with KDE 3.2 installed manually) to SuSE 9.2
    > (with KDE 3.3 included).
    >
    > When now try to re-import the saved bookmarks into Konqueror
    > again I
    > see no way to do this wiht Konqueror. That's weired, it can
    > import bookmarks from all other browsers, but not from itself.
    >
    > Is there any way to merge those bookmarks with my new Konqueror
    > bookmarks on KDE 3.3?
    >
    > Cheers, Peter

    I think it depends on how you saved the bookmarks. If you saved
    them as xml file and you want to merge the new and the old
    bookmarks, I would do the following (there are maybe better
    ways):

    - export the new bookmarks as html file (e.g. Mozilla bookmarks)
    - copy the old bookmarks to
    $KDEHOME/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
    - import the new bookmarks as Mozilla bookmarks

    or even better, take the two files and merge them together in your
    favourite editor.

    If you saved them as html file, just import them as Mozilla
    bookmarks.

    HTH
    Ransom
    --