XMMS always opens with "keep above others" set - KDE

This is a discussion on XMMS always opens with "keep above others" set - KDE ; Hello All Whenever I run XMMS (from an alt+f2 prompt) it comes up with the "Keep Above Others" flag set and I have to manually unset it. This is the only application that runs this way. Any idea why XMMS ...

  1. XMMS always opens with "keep above others" set

    Hello All

    Whenever I run XMMS (from an alt+f2 prompt) it comes up with the
    "Keep Above Others" flag set and I have to manually unset it. This is
    the only application that runs this way. Any idea why XMMS is
    singled out?

    This is KDE 3.3.2 on Slackware.

    Thanks - JB

    John Bleichert - syborg@earthlink.net
    "The meek shall inherit nothing." - FZ

  2. Re: XMMS always opens with "keep above others" set

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 at 13:48 GMT, John Bleichert eloquently wrote:
    > Hello All
    >
    > Whenever I run XMMS (from an alt+f2 prompt) it comes up with the
    > "Keep Above Others" flag set and I have to manually unset it. This is
    > the only application that runs this way. Any idea why XMMS is
    > singled out?

    XMMS is not a KDE app. It keeps its own config file in ~/.xmms/config.
    You'll need to check the permissions on the file and directory as a
    start. I think you should have the following line in it:

    always_on_top=FALSE

    HTH
    N.Emile...
    --
    Registered Linux User # 125653 (http://counter.li.org) | Please remove
    Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard. | '.invalid'

  3. Re: XMMS always opens with "keep above others" set

    ne... wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 at 13:48 GMT, John Bleichert eloquently wrote:
    >> Hello All
    >>
    >> Whenever I run XMMS (from an alt+f2 prompt) it comes up with the
    >> "Keep Above Others" flag set and I have to manually unset it. This is
    >> the only application that runs this way. Any idea why XMMS is
    >> singled out?

    > XMMS is not a KDE app. It keeps its own config file in ~/.xmms/config.
    > You'll need to check the permissions on the file and directory as a
    > start. I think you should have the following line in it:
    >
    > always_on_top=FALSE
    >
    > HTH
    > N.Emile...

    Hmm - thanks for the hint. I must have set that in the preferences
    pane by accident, not even knowing it was there.

    John Bleichert - syborg@earthlink.net
    "The meek shall inherit nothing." - FZ

+ Reply to Thread