Re: location of kde files - KDE

This is a discussion on Re: location of kde files - KDE ; Where does Kontact save the data files so they can be backed up after spending many hours getting the data into the program? Am using Kontact1 in KDE 3.3.0 on Suse Pro 9.2. Thanks in advance. Tom, WB5KHC...

  1. Re: location of kde files

    Where does Kontact save the data files so they can be backed up after
    spending many hours getting the data into the program?

    Am using Kontact1 in KDE 3.3.0 on Suse Pro 9.2.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tom, WB5KHC

  2. Re: location of kde files

    WB5KHC - ARCI Contest Mgr wrote:

    > Where does Kontact save the data files so they can be backed up after
    > spending many hours getting the data into the program?
    >
    > Am using Kontact1 in KDE 3.3.0 on Suse Pro 9.2.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Tom, WB5KHC

    - $KDEHOME/share/kontact
    - $KDEHOME/share/korganizer
    - $KDEHOME/share/kabc
    - $KDEHOME/share/kaddressbook
    - ~/Mail (if you're using maildir)
    - etc.

    The most easy way is to backup $KDEHOME in one piece, so you have everything
    backed up.

    --
    Bram Schoenmakers
    KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

  3. Re: location of kde files

    WB5KHC - ARCI Contest Mgr wrote:

    > Where does Kontact save the data files so they can be backed up after
    > spending many hours getting the data into the program?
    >
    > Am using Kontact1 in KDE 3.3.0 on Suse Pro 9.2.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Tom, WB5KHC

    I get a copy of KNode settings in this way. Have a look at:

    ~/.kde/share/apps/

    All the K applications settingsare there.

    I assume SuSE 8.2 with KDE 3.1 here... it might be uniform enough to be
    helpful to you as well.

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

  4. Re: location of kde files

    WB5KHC - ARCI Contest Mgr wrote:

    > Where does Kontact save the data files so they can be backed up after
    > spending many hours getting the data into the program?
    >
    > Am using Kontact1 in KDE 3.3.0 on Suse Pro 9.2.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Tom, WB5KHC

    I get a copy of KNode settings in this way. Have a look at:

    ~/.kde/share/apps/

    All the K applications settings are there.

    I assume SuSE 8.2 with KDE 3.1 here... it might be uniform enough to be
    applicable to you as well.

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz