Starting Shell Script from Konqueror without "Run ... yes/no" - KDE

This is a discussion on Starting Shell Script from Konqueror without "Run ... yes/no" - KDE ; Hi! I would like to start a shell-script with mouse-click from Konqueror for "standard"-user. Konqueror asks like "would you like to run yes/no" - so some users are confused. Can I disable this question - so to run a script ...

  1. Starting Shell Script from Konqueror without "Run ... yes/no"

    Hi!

    I would like to start a shell-script with mouse-click from Konqueror for
    "standard"-user. Konqueror asks like "would you like to run yes/no" - so
    some users are confused. Can I disable this question - so to run a script
    from konqueror with on click?

    Thanks a lot,
    Manfred

  2. Re: Starting Shell Script from Konqueror without "Run ... yes/no"

    I also want to do this (actually double click to run would suit me
    better)
    However on my Konqueror it doesn't even offer to execute scripts - just
    previews them. (although they have no extension)

  3. Re: Starting Shell Script from Konqueror without "Run ... yes/no"

    Manfred Pascher skrev Den. 21-01-2005 20:30:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I would like to start a shell-script with mouse-click from Konqueror for
    > "standard"-user. Konqueror asks like "would you like to run yes/no" - so
    > some users are confused. Can I disable this question - so to run a script
    > from konqueror with on click?

    That's how mine does, I don't remember setting any parameter for it to
    act like this, what version of KDE are you running?
    I'm on 3.3.2

    --
    D. Johnson
    /usr/sbin/athcool on