End session only - KDE

This is a discussion on End session only - KDE ; When I click on Logout, I get three choices, End session only, Turn off computer, and Restart computer. The 'End session only' does not work (freezes) while Restart computer does its job flawlessly. What do I need to do to ...

  1. End session only

    When I click on Logout, I get three choices, End session only, Turn off
    computer, and Restart computer.

    The 'End session only' does not work (freezes) while Restart computer does
    its job flawlessly. What do I need to do to fix it?

  2. Re: End session only

    begin : around Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:13 rod rook spoke to comp.windows.x.kde
    of :

    > When I click on Logout, I get three choices, End session only, Turn off
    > computer, and Restart computer.
    >
    > The 'End session only' does not work (freezes) while Restart computer does
    > its job flawlessly. What do I need to do to fix it?

    It suggests a fault in the inittab file. What is your setup.
    What distro, which version of kde, how much ram and video ram.

    --
    *~~Use a decent browser and email client~~ *
    http://www.mozilla.org

  3. Re: End session only

    Thor wrote:

    > begin : around Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:13 rod rook spoke to
    > comp.windows.x.kde of :
    >
    >> When I click on Logout, I get three choices, End session only, Turn off
    >> computer, and Restart computer.
    >>
    >> The 'End session only' does not work (freezes) while Restart computer
    >> does its job flawlessly. What do I need to do to fix it?

    > It suggests a fault in the inittab file. What is your setup.
    > What distro, which version of kde, how much ram and video ram.

    I am sorry I failed to mention that Logout functions had worked well since I
    installed it last week until today. I must have done something to cause
    this malfunction.

    For your info:
    distro: 10.0 Official
    kde: 3.2
    ram: 1GB
    video ram: 120MB

    Thanks for your interest

  4. Re: End session only

    >>> The 'End session only' does not work (freezes) while Restart computer
    >>> does its job flawlessly. What do I need to do to fix it?

    You probably have an application which does not want to stop.
    Start ksysguard and have a look. Kill the applications manually.

  5. Re: End session only

    Albert wrote:

    > You probably have an application which does not want to stop.
    > Start ksysguard and have a look. Kill the applications manually.

    Yes, you are right. I have a two-monitor setup and I am apprently not not
    supposed to leave any application in the secondary monitor.