konsole - KDE

This is a discussion on konsole - KDE ; From a user's konsole, I clicked Session --> New Root Konsole to open a su Konsole. It asks for the root password, but I am unable to type any number or letter. There must be some way I can change ...

  1. konsole

    From a user's konsole, I clicked Session --> New Root Konsole to open a su
    Konsole. It asks for the root password, but I am unable to type any number
    or letter. There must be some way I can change that. How?

  2. Re: konsole

    rod rook wrote:

    > From a user's konsole, I clicked Session --> New Root Konsole to open a su
    > Konsole. It asks for the root password, but I am unable to type any number
    > or letter. There must be some way I can change that. How?

    The problem I described above may have been caused by me when I upgraded KDE
    package to 3.2.92. The installation rpmdrake complained that the kde
    package conflicted with the kde and I removed the openoffice package that
    came with Mandrake Official 10.0.

    Now I can't install open-office because of the conflict with the KDE package
    I have installed (3.2.92). Which version of Open-Office may be compatible
    with 3.2.92 kde?

  3. Re: konsole

  4. Re: konsole

    William Maddler wrote:

    > the password you type is hidden (no character shown)
    > go ahead with typing it

    Thanks a lot for your simple, short and valuable info. I've spent a lot of
    time for this stupid non-existent problem.

    rod

+ Reply to Thread