placing windows in the 4 corners - KDE

This is a discussion on placing windows in the 4 corners - KDE ; I usually have 4 windows open on a desktop. Is it possible to have them automatically placed in the 4 corners of the desktop? with possible upper left coordinates: window 1 -> (+0+0) window 2 -> (+688+0) window 3 -> ...

  1. placing windows in the 4 corners

    I usually have 4 windows open on a desktop. Is it possible to have them
    automatically placed in the 4 corners of the desktop?

    with possible upper left coordinates:
    window 1 -> (+0+0)
    window 2 -> (+688+0)
    window 3 -> (+0+642)
    window 4 -> (+688+642)

  2. Re: placing windows in the 4 corners

    Guy Thomas wrote:

    > I usually have 4 windows open on a desktop. Is it possible to have them
    > automatically placed in the 4 corners of the desktop?
    >
    > with possible upper left coordinates:
    > window 1 -> (+0+0)
    > window 2 -> (+688+0)
    > window 3 -> (+0+642)
    > window 4 -> (+688+642)

    Do you have KDE 3.3?
    If yes, you can use window rules. Right click on the title bar, select
    "Configure Window Behaviour" and choose the last section of the config
    dialog. Here you can define rules for certain windows (like it's position).

    --
    Bram Schoenmakers
    KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

+ Reply to Thread