KSpread export ascii-formatted ? - KDE

This is a discussion on KSpread export ascii-formatted ? - KDE ; Why are they always trying to be smart-arsed ....with a zillion formats ?! How can KSpread [v3.0.3] output plain-text, eg. to email ? Or to just view and then print with a plain-old lpr. == TIA....

  1. KSpread export ascii-formatted ?

    Why are they always trying to be smart-arsed
    ....with a zillion formats ?!

    How can KSpread [v3.0.3] output plain-text, eg. to email ?

    Or to just view and then print with a plain-old lpr.

    == TIA.

  2. Re: KSpread export ascii-formatted ?

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:46:41 -0500, problems wrote:

    > Why are they always trying to be smart-arsed ...with a zillion formats
    > How can KSpread [v3.0.3] output plain-text, eg. to email ?
    > Or to just view and then print with a plain-old lpr.

    CUPS can be configured to print to a PDF file. In fact, it comes that way
    in many other (non-slackware) linux releases. You can probably also
    export a CSV file (Comma-separated values), then use sed to change the
    commas to spaces or tabs. I'm not a user of Kspread so I can't say for
    sure. You can also convert PDF to/from Postscript, and Postscript to
    ASCII.

  3. Re: KSpread export ascii-formatted ?

    problems@gmail wrote :

    > How can KSpread [v3.0.3] output plain-text, eg. to email ?

    That version doesn't exist. But try "File"|"Export".
    --
    Thomas O.