konqueror file management - KDE

This is a discussion on konqueror file management - KDE ; Hi, I'm a newbie at this, and I'm unable to force Konqueror to behave the way I'd like to work, that is: I want it to show on a left panel the directory tree, and on the right panel its ...

  1. konqueror file management

    Hi,
    I'm a newbie at this, and I'm unable to force Konqueror to behave the
    way I'd like to work, that is:

    I want it to show on a left panel the directory tree, and on the right
    panel its content.

    So far I've been able to divide the panel in two (Window->Split view
    left-right), and to select on the left "tree view" and on the right
    "list view".

    My problem is that
    a) in the left panel, doubleclicking on a subdir I enter it instead of
    just opening it, and I lose the view of the upper directories
    b) I'm unable to force the right panel to show the directory content
    selected on the left panel. If I "link" the panels and doubleclick a
    subdir, both panels at once enter into it, providing two copies of the
    same view - pretty useless.

    maybe what I want to do is not possible in konqueror?

    alessandro

  2. Re: konqueror file management

    alexxx.magni@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a newbie at this, and I'm unable to force Konqueror to behave the
    > way I'd like to work, that is:
    >
    > I want it to show on a left panel the directory tree, and on the right
    > panel its content.
    >
    > So far I've been able to divide the panel in two (Window->Split view
    > left-right), and to select on the left "tree view" and on the right
    > "list view".
    >
    > My problem is that
    > a) in the left panel, doubleclicking on a subdir I enter it instead of
    > just opening it, and I lose the view of the upper directories
    > b) I'm unable to force the right panel to show the directory content
    > selected on the left panel. If I "link" the panels and doubleclick a
    > subdir, both panels at once enter into it, providing two copies of the
    > same view - pretty useless.
    >
    > maybe what I want to do is not possible in konqueror?
    >
    > alessandro

    Hi,

    I think that you are trying to make Konqueror look like Windows
    Explorer. If this is what you want then:

    [1] Open Konqueror
    [2] Click on "Window" and then on "Show navigation panel" (or just
    press F9).
    [3] The navigation panel will appear on the right. Then press the
    button named "Root folder" tree.

    Hope it helps!

  3. Re: konqueror file management

    damn easy, thank you!

    alessandro

    On 24 Ott, 15:53, Ramon wrote:
    > alexxx.ma...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I'm a newbie at this, and I'm unable to forceKonquerorto behave the
    > > way I'd like to work, that is:

    > > I want it to show on a left panel the directory tree, and on the right
    > > panel its content.

    > > So far I've been able to divide the panel in two (Window->Split view
    > > left-right), and to select on the left "tree view" and on the right
    > > "list view".

    > > My problem is that
    > > a) in the left panel, doubleclicking on a subdir I enter it instead of
    > > just opening it, and I lose the view of the upper directories
    > > b) I'm unable to force the right panel to show the directory content
    > > selected on the left panel. If I "link" the panels and doubleclick a
    > > subdir, both panels at once enter into it, providing two copies of the
    > > same view - pretty useless.

    > > maybe what I want to do is not possible inkonqueror?

    > > alessandro

    > Hi,
    >
    > I think that you are trying to makeKonquerorlook like Windows
    > Explorer. If this is what you want then:
    >
    > [1] OpenKonqueror
    > [2] Click on "Window" and then on "Show navigation panel" (or just
    > press F9).
    > [3] The navigation panel will appear on the right. Then press the
    > button named "Root folder" tree.
    >
    > Hope it helps!

+ Reply to Thread