Autostarting Programs on Specific Desktops - KDE

This is a discussion on Autostarting Programs on Specific Desktops - KDE ; I symlink to apps in my ~/home/.kde/Autostart directory to start when KDE 3.x loads. All apps start in the same Desktop which was running when I shut down the x server. How can I specify which Desktop the app will ...

  1. Autostarting Programs on Specific Desktops

    I symlink to apps in my ~/home/.kde/Autostart directory to start when KDE
    3.x loads.

    All apps start in the same Desktop which was running when I shut down the
    x server.

    How can I specify which Desktop the app will start in?

    For example...I have KDE configured with 4 Desktops. I would like
    Mozilla to start in Desktop 1, KMail to start in Desktop 2, KWrite to
    start in Desktop 4.

    Couldn't find anything easily in Google.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    alBERT in Orlando

  2. Re: Autostarting Programs on Specific Desktops

    On 10 Sep 2008 22:32:05 GMT, Al wrote:
    > I symlink to apps in my ~/home/.kde/Autostart directory to start when KDE
    > 3.x loads.
    >
    > How can I specify which Desktop the app will start in?

    kstart --desktop 2 --windowclass Kdesktop thunderbird &
    sleep 3
    kstart --desktop 4 --windowclass Kdesktop firefox &
    sleep 3

  3. Re: Autostarting Programs on Specific Desktops

    Al> I symlink to apps in my ~/home/.kde/Autostart directory to start when KDE
    Al> 3.x loads.

    Al> All apps start in the same Desktop which was running when I shut down the
    Al> x server.

    Al> How can I specify which Desktop the app will start in?

    Al> For example...I have KDE configured with 4 Desktops. I would like
    Al> Mozilla to start in Desktop 1, KMail to start in Desktop 2, KWrite to
    Al> start in Desktop 4.

    start you desktop, put all the apps in the desktops you need, then right
    click on each app top, go to advanced, special application configuration
    (sorry I have a french kde so don't know the exact english menu titles),
    geometry tab and change desktop line to memorize the the desktop you
    want. You have to do it only once to all apps you want to autostart on
    specific desktop.

    best

    --

    - heddy Boubaker -