KNode: sorting by score - KDE

This is a discussion on KNode: sorting by score - KDE ; I have just two questions about scoring system in KNode. Is it normal that -- when large number of posts is being downloaded, for example after subscribing to a group -- sorting by score works randomly? Some threads containing posts ...

  1. KNode: sorting by score

    I have just two questions about scoring system in KNode.

    Is it normal that -- when large number of posts is being downloaded, for
    example after subscribing to a group -- sorting by score works randomly?
    Some threads containing posts that have score higher than 0 are treated as
    threads where all posts have score 0 and sorted alphabetically by title.

    Second question is related. When threads do not contain any scored posts,
    they are sorted alphabetically by title (am I right?). Is it possible to
    change the default behaviour and sort these threads by date?

    /KDE 3.5.9 on openSUSE 11.

    --
    skx.

  2. Re: KNode: sorting by score

    skx @ Saturday 16 August 2008 13:53:

    > I have just two questions about scoring system in KNode.
    >
    > Is it normal that -- when large number of posts is being downloaded,
    > for example after subscribing to a group -- sorting by score works
    > randomly? Some threads containing posts that have score higher than 0
    > are treated as threads where all posts have score 0 and sorted
    > alphabetically by title.

    Could you be more specific?

    > Second question is related. When threads do not contain any scored
    > posts, they are sorted alphabetically by title (am I right?). Is it
    > possible to change the default behaviour and sort these threads by
    > date?

    Can't you just click on the "Date" column header?

    m.

+ Reply to Thread