Window specific setting "no-border" - KDE

This is a discussion on Window specific setting "no-border" - KDE ; Am using KDE 3.5 on Mandriva 2008.1. I've been trying to get firefox3 window to have no border but i do not know how to go about in the "window specific settings" dialogs of kcontrol. i run firefox all with ...

  1. Window specific setting "no-border"

    Am using KDE 3.5 on Mandriva 2008.1.

    I've been trying to get firefox3 window to have no border but i do not
    know how to go about in the "window specific settings" dialogs of
    kcontrol.

    i run firefox all with alltray.

    please help, thanks.

  2. Re: Window specific setting "no-border"

    Sindhu wrote :

    > I've been trying to get firefox3 window to have no border

    Right-click the titelbar or press + and in the menu that comes
    up go to "Advanced" and enable "No Border".
    --
    Thomas O.

  3. Re: Window specific setting "no-border"

    On Aug 15, 12:35*am, Thomas Overgaard wrote:
    > Sindhu wrote :
    >
    > > I've been trying to get firefox3 window to have no border

    > Right-click the titelbar or press + and in the menu that comes
    > up go to "Advanced" and enable "No Border".
    > --
    > Thomas O.
    >
    > This area is designed to become quite warm during normal operation.

    there is no such option in advanced.

    am using windows scheme with win key keyboard shortcut scheme (changed
    via kcontrol).

    anything other way?

  4. Re: Window specific setting "no-border"

    Sindhu @ Friday 15 August 2008 16:01:

    > On Aug 15, 12:35*am, Thomas Overgaard wrote:
    >> Sindhu wrote :
    >>
    >> > I've been trying to get firefox3 window to have no border

    >> Right-click the titelbar or press + and in the menu that
    >> comes up go to "Advanced" and enable "No Border".

    [snip]

    > there is no such option in advanced.

    Then maybe you're not using kwin?`Compiz, maybe?

    m.

  5. Re: Window specific setting "no-border"

    On Aug 19, 1:56*pm, magloca wrote:
    > Sindhu @ Friday 15 August 2008 16:01:

    > >> Right-click the titelbar or press + and in the menu that
    > >> comes up go to "Advanced" and enable "No Border".

    > [snip]
    >
    > > there is no such option in advanced.

    > Then maybe you're not using kwin?`Compiz, maybe?
    >
    > m.

    yes how do i change to kwin?

  6. Re: Window specific setting "no-border"

    On Aug 19, 6:58*pm, Sindhu wrote:
    > On Aug 19, 1:56*pm, magloca wrote:
    >

    > > Sindhu @ Friday 15 August 2008 16:01:

    > > [snip]

    > > > there is no such option in advanced.

    > > Then maybe you're not using kwin?`Compiz, maybe?

    > > m.

    > yes how do i change to kwin?

    I disabled compiz fusion in 3D desktop effects in MCC (Mandriva
    Control Center) and then applied the window specific setting for
    firefox (from kcontrol), that did it. thank you.

+ Reply to Thread