CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error - KDE

This is a discussion on CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error - KDE ; When i try to use Cmake I get the following error. ******************* code ******************* [sindhu@localhost build]$ cmake .. -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works -- Check size of void* -- ...

  1. CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error

    When i try to use Cmake I get the following error.

    ******************* code *******************
    [sindhu@localhost build]$ cmake ..
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
    -- Check size of void*
    -- Check size of void* - done
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
    CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    found. lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    path or name.
    CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake
    failed
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND --
    broken
    CMake Error: The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" is not
    able to comp le a simple test program.
    It fails with the following output:

    CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
    CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    found. lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    path or name.
    -- Configuring done

    ******************* code *******************

    What do i do?

  2. Re: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error

    Sindhu wrote:

    > When i try to use Cmake I get the following error.
    >
    > ******************* code *******************
    > [sindhu@localhost build]$ cmake ..
    > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
    > -- Check size of void*
    > -- Check size of void* - done
    > -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
    > CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    > found. lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    > path or name.
    > CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake
    > failed
    > -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND --
    > broken
    > CMake Error: The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" is not
    > able to comp le a simple test program.
    > It fails with the following output:
    >

    > CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
    > CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    > found. lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    > path or name.
    > -- Configuring done
    >
    > ******************* code *******************
    >
    > What do i do?

    Looks like you didn't install the C++ component of gcc. So you can't compile
    any C++ program.

  3. Re: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error

    On Aug 14, 9:06*pm, Markus Kossmann wrote:
    > Sindhu wrote:
    > > When i try to use Cmake I get the following error.

    > > ******************* code *******************
    > > [sindhu@localhost build]$ cmake ..
    > > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    > > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
    > > -- Check size of void*
    > > -- Check size of void* - done
    > > -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
    > > CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    > > found. * * * * * *lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    > > path or name.
    > > CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake
    > > failed
    > > -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND --
    > > broken
    > > CMake Error: The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" is not
    > > able to comp * * * * le a simple test program.
    > > It fails with the following output:

    > > CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
    > > CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    > > found. * * * * * *lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    > > path or name.
    > > -- Configuring done

    > > ******************* code *******************

    > > What do i do?

    > Looks like you didn't install the C++ component of gcc. So you can't compile
    > any C++ program.

    what package should i get?

  4. Re: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error

    Sindhu wrote:

    > On Aug 14, 9:06*pm, Markus Kossmann wrote:
    >> Sindhu wrote:
    >> > When i try to use Cmake I get the following error.

    >> > ******************* code *******************
    >> > [sindhu@localhost build]$ cmake ..
    >> > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    >> > -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
    >> > -- Check size of void*
    >> > -- Check size of void* - done
    >> > -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
    >> > CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    >> > found. * * * * * *lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    >> > path or name.
    >> > CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake
    >> > failed
    >> > -- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND --
    >> > broken
    >> > CMake Error: The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" is not
    >> > able to comp * * * * le a simple test program.
    >> > It fails with the following output:

    >> > CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
    >> > CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
    >> > found. * * * * * *lease set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler
    >> > path or name.
    >> > -- Configuring done

    >> > ******************* code *******************

    >> > What do i do?

    >> Looks like you didn't install the C++ component of gcc. So you can't
    >> compile any C++ program.

    > what package should i get?

    Probably something like gcc-c++. But the exact naming depends on your
    distribution.
    And ther might be other packages, you have to install, too.
    If your distributions package management provides a set of packages for C++
    development, you should install the complete set.

  5. Re: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND Error

    On Aug 15, 9:32*pm, Markus Kossmann wrote:
    > Sindhu wrote:

    > >> Looks like you didn't install the C++ component of gcc. So you can't
    > >> compile any C++ program.

    > > what package should i get?

    > Probably something like gcc-c++. But the exact naming depends on your
    > distribution.
    > *And ther might be other packages, you have to install, too.
    > If your distributions package management provides a set of packages for C++
    > development, you should install the complete set. *

    well thanks, i will check up on that.

+ Reply to Thread