KDE4 file dialog thumbnails - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE4 file dialog thumbnails - KDE ; I use the KDE4 version of kmess under kde3. If i want to send someone a picture i press the "send file" button and i can browse to my pictures folder, but i cannot see thumbnails or previews of the ...

  1. KDE4 file dialog thumbnails

    I use the KDE4 version of kmess under kde3.
    If i want to send someone a picture i press the "send file" button and i can
    browse to my pictures folder, but i cannot see thumbnails or previews of
    the pictures in that folder, just file names.
    This seems to be so with every KDE4 app.

    Is this a feature still to come, or is this done by design?
    Is there a setting i can change to enable this?
    Previews of images or videos works just fine in dolphin and konqueror.

    Being able to see thumbnails of video and pictures in file dialogs is one of
    the main reasons for me to have switched from gnome to KDE, so i hope it
    can be done.
    --
    Chris Maaskant

  2. Re: KDE4 file dialog thumbnails

    Chris Maaskant wrote:

    > I use the KDE4 version of kmess under kde3.
    > If i want to send someone a picture i press the "send file" button and i
    > can browse to my pictures folder, but i cannot see thumbnails or previews
    > of the pictures in that folder, just file names.
    > This seems to be so with every KDE4 app.
    >
    > Is this a feature still to come, or is this done by design?
    > Is there a setting i can change to enable this?
    > Previews of images or videos works just fine in dolphin and konqueror.
    >
    > Being able to see thumbnails of video and pictures in file dialogs is one
    > of the main reasons for me to have switched from gnome to KDE, so i hope
    > it can be done.

    The thumbnail mode seems to be gone for now (but I don't doubt it'll return)
    but just like in KDE3, pressing the wrench icon and chosing Show Preview or
    pressing F11 opens a preview pane on the right-hand side of the dialog.

    Boudewijn

  3. Re: KDE4 file dialog thumbnails

    Boudewijn Rempt schreef:

    > The thumbnail mode seems to be gone for now (but I don't doubt it'll
    > return) but just like in KDE3, pressing the wrench icon and chosing Show
    > Preview or pressing F11 opens a preview pane on the right-hand side of the
    > dialog.

    I know about he preview pane.
    Guess i just have to wait.

    Thanks.
    --
    Chris Maaskant

  4. Re: KDE4 file dialog thumbnails

    Chris Maaskant wrote:

    > Boudewijn Rempt schreef:
    >
    >> The thumbnail mode seems to be gone for now (but I don't doubt it'll
    >> return) but just like in KDE3, pressing the wrench icon and chosing Show
    >> Preview or pressing F11 opens a preview pane on the right-hand side of
    >> the dialog.

    > I know about he preview pane.
    > Guess i just have to wait.

    Or give us a helping hand, of course.