Konqueror as File Manager - KDE

This is a discussion on Konqueror as File Manager - KDE ; I am running KDE 3.5.9. I like to display hidden files and directories. Konqueror ignores the dot and sorts the entries by the first letter. How do I get it to place dotfiles first, as it used to? TIA, Doug....

  1. Konqueror as File Manager

    I am running KDE 3.5.9.

    I like to display hidden files and directories. Konqueror ignores the dot
    and sorts the entries by the first letter. How do I get it to place
    dotfiles first, as it used to?

    TIA,

    Doug.

  2. Re: Konqueror as File Manager

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > I like to display hidden files and directories. Konqueror ignores the dot
    > and sorts the entries by the first letter. How do I get it to place
    > dotfiles first, as it used to?

    View menu > Show Hidden Files.

  3. Re: Konqueror as File Manager

    Sean McLaughlin wrote:

    > Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >
    >> I like to display hidden files and directories. Konqueror ignores the
    >> dot
    >> and sorts the entries by the first letter. How do I get it to place
    >> dotfiles first, as it used to?

    > View menu > Show Hidden Files.

    Thanks for the tip, but that gives me the choice of show or don't show. I
    want hidden files to be listed, but grouped together. Technically, I want
    the dot in the filename to be included in Konqueror's name check as an
    ASCII character.

    Doug.

  4. Re: Konqueror as File Manager

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > Sean McLaughlin wrote:
    >
    >> Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >>
    >>> I like to display hidden files and directories. Konqueror ignores the
    >>> dot
    >>> and sorts the entries by the first letter. How do I get it to place
    >>> dotfiles first, as it used to?

    >> View menu > Show Hidden Files.

    > Thanks for the tip, but that gives me the choice of show or don't show. I
    > want hidden files to be listed, but grouped together. Technically, I want
    > the dot in the filename to be included in Konqueror's name check as an
    > ASCII character.

    They are grouped together. All dotfiles come first regardless of the sort
    order (with the obvious caveat if "Folders First" is active) in every view
    mode except Info List. This is not strict ASCII ordering, but unless you
    have many files with names =~ /^[ !"#$%&'()*+,-]/, it's not going to matter
    much.

+ Reply to Thread