SCP with Konqueror? (not sftp/fish!) - KDE

This is a discussion on SCP with Konqueror? (not sftp/fish!) - KDE ; Hi all, I don't seem to be able to use scp://user@machine/file with konqueror, only sftp://... but sftp is much slower than scp. fish://... also is slow: fish is as fast as scp when you are at 100mbps ethernet, but at ...

  1. SCP with Konqueror? (not sftp/fish!)

    Hi all,
    I don't seem to be able to use scp://user@machine/file with konqueror,
    only sftp://... but sftp is much slower than scp.

    fish://... also is slow: fish is as fast as scp when you are at 100mbps
    ethernet, but at gigabit I get 12MB/sec with fish and 45MB/sec with scp!

    so again: is there any way to use scp with Konqueror?

    Thank you

  2. Re: SCP with Konqueror? (not sftp/fish!)

    linuxnewbie1234 wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I don't seem to be able to use scp://user@machine/file with konqueror,
    > only sftp://... but sftp is much slower than scp.

    Set it to use blowfish as cryption, then it gets faster.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread