flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror - KDE

This is a discussion on flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror - KDE ; I would like to be able to use Konqueror to view flash websites via a plugin. Is such a plugin available for KDE3? Thanks....

  1. flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror

    I would like to be able to use Konqueror to view flash websites via a
    plugin. Is such a plugin available for KDE3?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror

    dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    > I would like to be able to use Konqueror to view flash websites via a
    > plugin. Is such a plugin available for KDE3?

    You use the same plugin as for seamonkey/firefox, just see to include the
    right path for the plugin at the nsplugin path list at the plugin section in
    the konqueror configuration/settings.
    If you are using 64bit machine, then you need to use nspluginwrapper and
    include it's directory for the wrapper plugins.

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    >" dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    >> I would like to be able to use Konqueror to view flash websites via a
    >> plugin. Is such a plugin available for KDE3?

    > You use the same plugin as for seamonkey/firefox, just see to include the
    > right path for the plugin at the nsplugin path list at the plugin section in
    > the konqueror configuration/settings. If you are using 64bit machine, then
    > you need to use nspluginwrapper and include it's directory for the wrapper
    > plugins.

    I am using a 65-bit system - Freebsd 7.0. When I scan for plugin in Konqueror,
    AFICT, none are found. Is there a url where I can read about how konqueror
    plugins work and are installed?

    Thanks.

  4. Re: flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror

    dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> " dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    >>> I would like to be able to use Konqueror to view flash websites via a
    >>> plugin. Is such a plugin available for KDE3?

    >> You use the same plugin as for seamonkey/firefox, just see to include the
    >> right path for the plugin at the nsplugin path list at the plugin section in
    >> the konqueror configuration/settings. If you are using 64bit machine, then
    >> you need to use nspluginwrapper and include it's directory for the wrapper
    >> plugins.
    >>

    > I am using a 65-bit system - Freebsd 7.0. When I scan for plugin in Konqueror,
    > AFICT, none are found.

    Thats for you aren't including the nspluginwrapper directory,
    /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/

    Look at www.konqueror.org for documentation.

    --

    //Aho

  5. Re: flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror

    dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    > I would like to be able to use Konqueror to view flash websites via a
    > plugin. Is such a plugin available for KDE3?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Do 'aboutlugins' in the url window and you should see something like this:

    Mime Type Description Suffixes Plugin
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Installed
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Installed
    video/divx DivX Media Format divx Installed
    video/vnd.divx DivX Media Format divx Installed
    application/x-google-vlc-plugin Google Video Installed
    video/quicktime Quicktime mov Installed
    video/x-quicktime Quicktime mov Installed
    image/x-quicktime Quicktime mov Installed
    video/quicktime Quicktime mp4 Installed
    video/quicktime Quicktime - Session Description Protocol sdp Installed
    application/x-quicktimeplayer Quicktime mov Installed
    application/smil SMIL smil Installed
    audio/x-pn-realaudio RealAudio ram,rm Installed
    application/vnd.rn-realmedia RealMedia rm Installed
    application/vnd.rn-realaudio RealAudio ra,ram Installed
    video/vnd.rn-realvideo RealVideo rv Installed
    audio/x-realaudio RealAudio ra Installed
    audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin RealAudio rpm Installed
    application/smil SMIL smil Installed
    application/asx Media Files * Installed
    video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Installed
    video/x-msvideo AVI avi,* Installed
    video/msvideo AVI avi,* Installed
    application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Installed
    application/x-ms-wmv Microsoft WMV video wmv,* Installed
    video/x-ms-asf Media Files asf,asx,* Installed
    video/x-ms-wm Media Files wm,* Installed
    video/x-ms-wmv Microsoft WMV video wmv,* Installed
    audio/x-ms-wmv Windows Media wmv,* Installed
    video/x-ms-wmp Windows Media wmp,* Installed
    application/x-ms-wmp Windows Media wmp,* Installed
    video/x-ms-wvx Windows Media wvx,* Installed
    audio/x-ms-wax Windows Media wax,* Installed
    audio/x-ms-wma Windows Media wma,* Installed
    application/x-drm-v2 Windows Media asx,* Installed
    audio/wav Microsoft wave file wav,* Installed
    audio/x-wav Microsoft wave file wav,* Installed
    video/mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Installed
    audio/mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Installed
    video/x-mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Installed
    video/x-mpeg2 MPEG2 mpv2,mp2ve Installed
    audio/mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Installed
    audio/x-mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Installed
    audio/mpeg2 MPEG audio mp2 Installed
    audio/x-mpeg2 MPEG audio mp2 Installed
    video/mp4 MPEG 4 Video mp4 Installed
    video/3gpp MPEG 4 Video mp4,3gp Installed
    audio/mpeg3 MPEG audio mp3 Installed
    audio/x-mpeg3 MPEG audio mp3 Installed
    audio/x-mpegurl MPEG url m3u Installed
    audio/mp3 MPEG audio mp3 Installed
    application/x-ogg Ogg Vorbis Media ogg Installed
    audio/ogg Ogg Vorbis Audio ogg Installed
    audio/x-ogg Ogg Vorbis Audio ogg Installed
    application/ogg Ogg Vorbis / Ogg Theora ogg Installed
    audio/flac FLAC Audio flac Installed
    audio/x-flac FLAC Audio flac Installed
    video/fli FLI animation fli,flc Installed
    video/x-fli FLI animation fli,flc Installed
    video/x-flv Flash Video flv Installed
    video/vnd.vivo VivoActive viv,vivo Installed
    application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 Nullsoft Streaming Video nsv Installed
    audio/x-mod Soundtracker mod Installed
    audio/basic Basic Audio File au,snd Installed
    audio/x-basic Basic Audio File au,snd Installed
    audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin RealPlayer Plugin Metafile rpm Installed
    application/pdf Portable Document Format pdf Installed
    application/vnd.fdf Acrobat Forms Data Format fdf Installed
    application/vnd.adobe.xfdf XML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Format
    xfdf Installed
    application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml Acrobat XML Data Package xdp Installed
    application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xml Adobe FormFlow99 Data File xfd Installed
[...]
    text/x-text-to-sign Text to be signed sgn Installed
    unknown/mime-type Do not open none Installed
    text/x-text-to-sign Text to be signed sgn Installed
    application/x-java-applet Java Applet class Installed
    application/x-java-bean JavaBeans jar Installed

    --
    Claude Hopper ? 3 7/8

  6. Re: flash 7/9 player plugin for Konqueror

    I get a blank window.

+ Reply to Thread