new DVD inserted menu. Can not delete entries. - KDE

This is a discussion on new DVD inserted menu. Can not delete entries. - KDE ; I am configureing KDE for a 76 year old grandmother. She does not need to be confused with a lot of options when she inserts a DVD to play on the computer. However when she inserts a dvd a whole ...

  1. new DVD inserted menu. Can not delete entries.

    I am configureing KDE for a 76 year old grandmother.
    She does not need to be confused with a lot of options when
    she inserts a DVD to play on the computer.

    However when she inserts a dvd a whole slew of menu items comes
    up. She only needs to see one = play DVD with kaffeine.

    However if I go to the configure sub menu, you can not delete the entries.
    They are all greyed out. The Delete button does not work.

    Dito if I go to KDE control center\peripherals\storage media\notifications.
    If you highlight any of the entries in that menu, the delete button is
    greyed out and the delete button does not respond.

    How do I delete these entries from this menu?

    THank You.

    --
    Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
    pelliott@io.com PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J

  2. Re: new DVD inserted menu. Can not delete entries.

    Paul Elliott wrote:

    > However when she inserts a dvd a whole slew of menu items comes
    > up. She only needs to see one = play DVD with kaffeine.

    One way that comes to mind right away is on the popup menu itself. You can
    insert a DVD, wait for the menu, select play with Kaffeine, and click on
    the option that says to always perform this action. Then Kaffeine will
    automatically launch when a DVD is inserted.

+ Reply to Thread