kde menu portability? - KDE

This is a discussion on kde menu portability? - KDE ; Hi, I have the kde menu set up exactly as I like it for myself on my computer. I would like my wife to have the same menu without going through and editing every item like I did for myself. ...

  1. kde menu portability?

    Hi,

    I have the kde menu set up exactly as I like it for myself on my
    computer. I would like my wife to have the same menu without going
    through and editing every item like I did for myself.

    How can I simply replicate my menu to my wife's account (or any other
    account)?

    If you could also reply to my email address, that would be
    appreciated.

    thanks,

    Dan

  2. Re: kde menu portability?

    barber.dan@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the kde menu set up exactly as I like it for myself on my
    > computer. I would like my wife to have the same menu without going
    > through and editing every item like I did for myself.
    >
    > How can I simply replicate my menu to my wife's account (or any other
    > account)?

    I think copying the contents of ~/.kde/share/applnk/ should do the trick.

    > If you could also reply to my email address, that would be
    > appreciated.

    Questions on a newsgroup should get an answer on a newsgroup, sorry.

    --
    Geoff Registered Linux user 196308
    Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

+ Reply to Thread