KDE keyboard stopped working! help! - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE keyboard stopped working! help! - KDE ; Help my keyboard in kde stopped working! I was doing a shifted drag in open office presnetation manager,to resize an object with out changing the aspect ratio, and some menu about slow keys or sticky keys came up. I thought ...

  1. KDE keyboard stopped working! help!

    Help my keyboard in kde stopped working!

    I was doing a shifted drag in open office presnetation manager,to
    resize an object with out changing the aspect ratio, and some menu
    about slow keys or sticky keys came up. I thought I dismissed it, but
    I am frankly not sure what happened!

    Any way ever since then my keyboard will not work in KDE!

    My keyboard does work in gnome. My keyboard works in KDE
    if I log on as another user.

    I think somehow one of those configuration files must have got
    changed in .kde or something like that, and it is telling
    kde to ignore my keyboard or something!

    all keys from the terminal are igonred in kde! mouse works though!

    I tried logging off and in again nothing works!

    Help, help help.

    --
    Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
    pelliott@io.com PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J

  2. Re: KDE keyboard stopped working! help!

    On 2008-07-04, Paul Elliott wrote:

    > Help my keyboard in kde stopped working!
    >
    > I was doing a shifted drag in open office presnetation manager,to
    > resize an object with out changing the aspect ratio, and some menu
    > about slow keys or sticky keys came up. I thought I dismissed it, but
    > I am frankly not sure what happened!
    >
    > Any way ever since then my keyboard will not work in KDE!
    >
    > My keyboard does work in gnome. My keyboard works in KDE
    > if I log on as another user.
    >
    > I think somehow one of those configuration files must have got
    > changed in .kde or something like that, and it is telling
    > kde to ignore my keyboard or something!
    >
    > all keys from the terminal are igonred in kde! mouse works though!
    >
    > I tried logging off and in again nothing works!
    >

    > Help, help help.

    I found the solution.

    KDE control Center\regional &accessiblity
    \accessiblility\keyboard filters\use slow keys
    got turned on by my shifted drag somehow!

    I turned it off also turned off
    KDE control Center\regional &accessiblity
    \accessiblility\Activation\gestures\
    user gestures of activating sticky keys and slow keys

    so it never happens again.

    I never knew either of these options existed before!

    There should be another "are you sure" dialog!

    KDE control Center\regional &accessiblity
    \accessiblility\Activation\gestures\
    user gestures of activating sticky keys and slow keys

    should be off by default!

    --
    Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
    pelliott@io.com PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J