On one of my machines, in the kde panel i am having trouble.
I like all the feature that has a icon for each open window.

On most machines the icons for the same icon tile on top of one
another
in a list and you can do 'close all' or 'maximize all' etc

Thus all the firefoxen/iceweasel icons are on top of each other (a
list), all the kpdfs, all the gimps etc.

On one machine it is annoying. The konsoles are spreading out and not
making a column.
I cant see the other applications because all the konsole icons are
taking up separate spaces.
how can i restore the right behavior. Interestingly all the other
applications are fine. The iceweasels and
the kpdfs and xpdfs are each in one column.

thanks