KDE Help Search not Working with SuSE 10.3 - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE Help Search not Working with SuSE 10.3 - KDE ; Using the 64 bit OS. Found out that I needed to install htdig in order to build a search index. That seemed to work OK, but now when I try to search I get nothing but htc_htsearch.pl commands and no ...

  1. KDE Help Search not Working with SuSE 10.3

    Using the 64 bit OS. Found out that I needed to install htdig in order
    to build a search index. That seemed to work OK, but now when I try to
    search I get nothing but htc_htsearch.pl commands and no search
    information. For example,

    khc_htsearch.pl --indexdir=/home/pat/.kde/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/
    --config=book_opensuse_startupen --words=modem --method=and --maxnum=5
    --lang=en

    Suggestions?
    Thanks
    Paul

  2. Re: KDE Help Search not Working with SuSE 10.3

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:59:09 -0500, Paul Thompson
    wrote:

    >Using the 64 bit OS. Found out that I needed to install htdig in order
    >to build a search index. That seemed to work OK, but now when I try to
    >search I get nothing but htc_htsearch.pl commands and no search
    >information. For example,
    >
    >khc_htsearch.pl --indexdir=/home/pat/.kde/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/
    >--config=book_opensuse_startupen --words=modem --method=and --maxnum=5
    >--lang=en
    >
    >Suggestions?
    >Thanks
    >Paul

    Rather a question. Do you have perl installed?

  3. Re: KDE Help Search not Working with SuSE 10.3

    JosephKK wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:59:09 -0500, Paul Thompson
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Using the 64 bit OS. Found out that I needed to install htdig in order
    >> to build a search index. That seemed to work OK, but now when I try to
    >> search I get nothing but htc_htsearch.pl commands and no search
    >> information. For example,
    >>
    >> khc_htsearch.pl --indexdir=/home/pat/.kde/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/
    >> --config=book_opensuse_startupen --words=modem --method=and --maxnum=5
    >> --lang=en
    >>
    >> Suggestions?
    >> Thanks
    >> Paul

    > Rather a question. Do you have perl installed?

    It appears to be,

+ Reply to Thread