turn off 1-click open in Konqueror? - KDE

This is a discussion on turn off 1-click open in Konqueror? - KDE ; I just installed Fedora Core 9. I'm using the Gnome desktop, but I like using Konqueror for various features. Unfortunately, konqueror defaults to opening files on a single click-- I need it to be dbl. click. The Konqueror preferences don't ...

  1. turn off 1-click open in Konqueror?

    I just installed Fedora Core 9. I'm using the Gnome desktop, but I
    like using Konqueror for various features.
    Unfortunately, konqueror defaults to opening files on a single click--
    I need it to be dbl. click.
    The Konqueror preferences don't have an option to change that.
    I tried to look at the KDE settings, but I'm not finding them. I'm
    used to the KDE Control Center, but that doesn't seem to be available!
    "kcontrol" is not on the system. "yum whatprovides kcontrol" even
    comes back with no hits!
    (Would kind of like to use it also for its font installer, as the only
    way I can see to install fonts is one...at...a...time. And I have
    about 50 I need to install. The KDE Control Center font installer
    allowed you to block many and install at one time.)

    So, is there some way to install the KDE Control Center I'm not
    getting?
    But most importantly, how do I change Konqueror to do dbl-click open
    as opposed to single click?

    Thanks for any advice!
    -Liam

  2. Re: turn off 1-click open in Konqueror?

    [ mechphisto@gmail.com ]

    > So, is there some way to install the KDE Control Center I'm not
    > getting?

    A bit of googling has shown, that Fedora 9 apparently only ships with
    KDE 4 (imho a bold choice). Kcontrol is not part of KDE 4, it has been
    replaced by a new kde settings program.

    > But most importantly, how do I change Konqueror to do dbl-click open
    > as opposed to single click?

    You might take a look at the mouse settings ...

    (Rosa Luxemburg)

+ Reply to Thread