Lot of problems with character encodings in KDE - KDE

This is a discussion on Lot of problems with character encodings in KDE - KDE ; Hi! For many years, i have experienced daily mess with character encodings: -I never find the option to choose iso 8859-10 as i want. I just have to try a lot of others, to see what works with less hassle ...

  1. Lot of problems with character encodings in KDE

    Hi!

    For many years, i have experienced daily mess with character encodings:

    -I never find the option to choose iso 8859-10 as i want. I just have to try
    a lot of others, to see what works with less hassle in different
    situations.
    -In some KDE applications, i don't find any option to choose character
    encoding.
    -Sometimes utf-8 appears, even if it works bad, i hate it, and i never want
    to use it.

    Is it any good solutions?
    Is it possible to uninstall, or block utf-8 in any way, so it never appears?
    How to i get 8859-10?

  2. Re: Lot of problems with character encodings in KDE

    Amund wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > For many years, i have experienced daily mess with character encodings:
    >

    > -I never find the option to choose iso 8859-10 as i want. I just have to try
    > a lot of others, to see what works with less hassle in different
    > situations.
    > -In some KDE applications, i don't find any option to choose character
    > encoding.
    > -Sometimes utf-8 appears, even if it works bad, i hate it, and i never want
    > to use it.
    >
    > Is it any good solutions?
    > Is it possible to uninstall, or block utf-8 in any way, so it never appears?
    > How to i get 8859-10?

    Set the system character setup to the one you want to use, also it can
    be possible to set it in your default shell config too (~/.bash_rc).

    This is all I have done to ensure the character setup that I want to
    use, I have switched from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8, this eased the trouble
    when using Chinese in a Fenno-Scandinavian environment.

    Keep in mind that the UTF-8 support gets better day for day, it's not as
    bad as it was in Redhat8.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread