Kmail mail files - KDE

This is a discussion on Kmail mail files - KDE ; I am about to make a new installation, in the past I have taken the mail file from Kmail and saved it in an archive. Having gone into /usr/share/apps/kmail I cannot find the mail files, am I looking in the ...

  1. Kmail mail files

    I am about to make a new installation, in the past I have taken the mail
    file from Kmail and saved it in an archive. Having gone
    into /usr/share/apps/kmail I cannot find the mail files, am I looking
    in the wrong place?
    --
    Nemo
    "Feather-footed through the plashy fen passes the questing vole"

  2. Re: Kmail mail files

    Nemo wrote:

    > I am about to make a new installation, in the past I have taken the mail
    > file from Kmail and saved it in an archive. Having gone
    > into /usr/share/apps/kmail I cannot find the mail files, am I looking
    > in the wrong place?

    Are you talking about this:

    ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail

    HTH.

    John.

    --
    Using the Gray Box

  3. Re: Kmail mail files

    Nemo wrote:

    > I am about to make a new installation, in the past I have taken the mail
    > file from Kmail and saved it in an archive. Having gone
    > into /usr/share/apps/kmail I cannot find the mail files, am I looking
    > in the wrong place?

    Yes! If you mean the record of emails you have sent & received, etc. then
    look under the /home/user-name/.kde/share/apps/kmail folder &
    the /home/user-name/.kde/share/config/kmailrc file, where user-name is your
    own user name.

    The /usr/..../kmail directory contains global information for the kmail app.
    This info may not always be compatible across kmail versions and is setup
    during the installation phase.

    HTH

    Rob.

  4. Re: Kmail mail files

    John K. Herreshoff wrote:

    > Are you talking about this:
    >
    > ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail
    >
    > HTH.

    Yes, thats the one I was looking for. Thank you so much to all who have
    replied to this thread.
    --
    Nemo
    "Feather-footed through the plashy fen passes the questing vole"

+ Reply to Thread