maximize window from command line - KDE

This is a discussion on maximize window from command line - KDE ; Is there a way to maximize a window from the command line? Is there a way to have a window open maximized from a desktop icon? Thanks....

  1. maximize window from command line

    Is there a way to maximize a window from the command line?

    Is there a way to have a window open maximized from a desktop icon?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: maximize window from command line

    dfeustel@mindspring.cm wrote:
    > Is there a way to maximize a window from the command line?

    Think you can use wmctrl for this, not all sure as I don't use it
    myself, but it was discussed at the ctwm maillist a couple of day ago.

    > Is there a way to have a window open maximized from a desktop icon?

    I think you can use the --geometry option to set the size you want, not
    sure if all your application will honor it.

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: maximize window from command line

    dfeustel@mindspring.cm wrote :

    > Is there a way to maximize a window from the command line?

    If you want to start an application maximized then you should use
    'kstart' try 'kstart --help-all' to get started.

    If you want to maximize an existing window from the command-line then
    you'll have to use 'dcop'.
    --
    Thomas O.

  4. Re: maximize window from command line

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:

    > dfeustel@mindspring.cm wrote :
    >
    >> Is there a way to maximize a window from the command line?

    > If you want to start an application maximized then you should use
    > 'kstart' try 'kstart --help-all' to get started.

    Thanks!!!

    > If you want to maximize an existing window from the command-line then
    > you'll have to use 'dcop'.

    Thanks Again!!!

+ Reply to Thread