Desire KDE window memory default - KDE

This is a discussion on Desire KDE window memory default - KDE ; Greetings: Anyone know how would I get KDE to remember the manual resizing of all my windows without having to right-click, etc., remember size, etc. Is there a master default for this I missed somewhere? THX for reading... -- The ...

  1. Desire KDE window memory default

    --
    The surest protection against temptation is cowardice.
    -- Mark Twain

  2. Re: Desire KDE window memory default

    Sheridan Hutchinson, at Sheridan@Shezza.org, wrote on Thursday 01 May 2008
    09:14 am:

    > Pete Puma wrote:
    >> Greetings: Anyone know how would I get KDE to remember the manual
    >> resizing of all my windows without having to right-click, etc.,
    >> remember size, etc. Is there a master default for this I missed
    >> somewhere?
    >>
    >> THX for reading...
    >>

    > I'll presume that you're referring to konqueror, have you tried 'saving'
    > your profile from the drop-down 'tool' menu?

    What I'm looking to do is not have to reshape the exact same window every
    time or manually use "Special Window Settings".
    In other words, if I shape a window to be X x Y, then have it automatically
    remembered. Sorry if I was unclear.
    --
    "It's not Camelot, but it's not Cleveland, either."
    -- Kevin White, mayor of Boston

  3. Re: Desire KDE window memory default

    Pete Puma wrote:
    > What I'm looking to do is not have to reshape the exact same window
    > every time or manually use "Special Window Settings". In other words,
    > if I shape a window to be X x Y, then have it automatically
    > remembered. Sorry if I was unclear.

    Ah, I see what you mean. I don't think this behaviour is implemented
    in KDE 3.5.x, although it may be in 4.x

    --
    Regards,
    Sheridan Hutchinson

  4. Re: Desire KDE window memory default

    Sheridan Hutchinson wrote:

    > Pete Puma wrote:
    >> What I'm looking to do is not have to reshape the exact same window
    >> every time or manually use "Special Window Settings". In other words,
    >> if I shape a window to be X x Y, then have it automatically
    >> remembered. Sorry if I was unclear.

    > Ah, I see what you mean. I don't think this behaviour is implemented
    > in KDE 3.5.x, although it may be in 4.x

    Right click in title bar of the window, choose ConfigureWindowBehavior
    then choose WindowSpecificSettings, then New then Geometry.
    --
    *********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  5. Re: Desire KDE window memory default

    Ian Gay, at gay@sfuu.ca, wrote on Sunday 04 May 2008 12:46 pm:

    > Sheridan Hutchinson wrote:
    >
    >> Pete Puma wrote:
    >>> What I'm looking to do is not have to reshape the exact same window
    >>> every time or manually use "Special Window Settings". In other words,
    >>> if I shape a window to be X x Y, then have it automatically
    >>> remembered. Sorry if I was unclear.

    >> Ah, I see what you mean. I don't think this behaviour is implemented
    >> in KDE 3.5.x, although it may be in 4.x
    >>

    > Right click in title bar of the window, choose ConfigureWindowBehavior
    > then choose WindowSpecificSettings, then New then Geometry.

    On an individual level it's fine, but in trying to avoid that, I had hoped
    there was a setting that auto-remember every window resize for me.

    Thanks guys...

    --
    Question:
    Man Invented Alcohol,