printing to laserjet - KDE

This is a discussion on printing to laserjet - KDE ; Can some kind soul guide me to instructions on printing from KDE (v 3.5.4) on FreeBSD (v 6.2). The printer is a PCL5 printer (HP LaserJet 4v) not a Postscript printer, using the LPR interface. I can print from the ...

  1. printing to laserjet

    Can some kind soul guide me to instructions on printing from KDE (v
    3.5.4) on FreeBSD (v 6.2). The printer is a PCL5 printer (HP LaserJet
    4v) not a Postscript printer, using the LPR interface. I can print
    from the command line (example: $ lp testfile.txt). TIA

  2. Re: printing to laserjet

    parkrowdental@googlemail.com wrote :

    > The printer is a PCL5 printer (HP LaserJet 4v) not a Postscript
    > printer, using the LPR interface. I can print from the command line

    Maybe KDE is using a wrong print system. Start "Control Center" and go
    to "Peripherals"|"Printers", here you can set the print system in a
    dropdown menu at the bottom.
    --
    Thomas O.