Superkaramba-widgets - KDE

This is a discussion on Superkaramba-widgets - KDE ; Hi, I'm running Opensuse 10.2 64bit and want to use a superkaramba-widget like SMonitor or AcrylicMonitor for system monitoring. Most things work but not the monitoring of CPU-temperature. Does this feature require to install additional software packages like lm-sensors to ...

  1. Superkaramba-widgets

    Hi,

    I'm running Opensuse 10.2 64bit and want to use a superkaramba-widget like
    SMonitor or AcrylicMonitor for system monitoring. Most things work but not
    the monitoring of CPU-temperature. Does this feature require to install
    additional software packages like lm-sensors to read out the information of
    the thermal sensor in the CPU, an AMD Athlon64X2, or could it be a bug in
    the design of the motherboard, an ASUS A8V?

    Kind regards

    Ruediger
    --
    ----

    In dubio pro tux

  2. Re: Superkaramba-widgets

    Rüdiger Wenzel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running Opensuse 10.2 64bit and want to use a superkaramba-widget like
    > SMonitor or AcrylicMonitor for system monitoring. Most things work but not
    > the monitoring of CPU-temperature. Does this feature require to install
    > additional software packages like lm-sensors to read out the information of
    > the thermal sensor in the CPU, an AMD Athlon64X2, or could it be a bug in
    > the design of the motherboard, an ASUS A8V?

    You will need lm-sensors and then alter the configuration to work with
    the Asus motherboard (many times Asus boards don't work well with
    default settings for the chipset).

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread