KDE pre-login graphical prompt/greeting? - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE pre-login graphical prompt/greeting? - KDE ; Hi, KDE version 3.5.8-1.fc6 fedora My company requires a some sort of greeting describing things to the effect " by logging into this computer you may be monitored, etc". I'm only slightly familiar with how this was done in gnome ...

  1. KDE pre-login graphical prompt/greeting?

    Hi,

    KDE version 3.5.8-1.fc6 fedora

    My company requires a some sort of greeting describing things to the
    effect " by logging into this computer you may be monitored, etc".
    I'm only slightly familiar with how this was done in gnome (e.g.,
    using greeter.dtd). I love KDE, and wish to have something similar
    to satisfy the requirements here.

    Bascially a popup box with the message and an "OK" button would work,
    OR, an easier alternative is to place it on the default background
    that comes up during the point where it asks you to enter your
    username. Advice here is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    -Ben

  2. Re: KDE pre-login graphical prompt/greeting?

    Ben wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > KDE version 3.5.8-1.fc6 fedora
    >
    > My company requires a some sort of greeting describing things to the
    > effect " by logging into this computer you may be monitored, etc".
    > I'm only slightly familiar with how this was done in gnome (e.g.,
    > using greeter.dtd). I love KDE, and wish to have something similar
    > to satisfy the requirements here.
    >
    > Bascially a popup box with the message and an "OK" button would work,
    > OR, an easier alternative is to place it on the default background
    > that comes up during the point where it asks you to enter your
    > username. Advice here is appreciated.

    Run "login manager", this requires you to have access to the root
    password. Now you can edit the greeting message, change background image
    or select logo. I would suggest you made a png/jpg image with the
    warning and used it as the logo.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread