[3.5.x] Hacking the logout box? - KDE

This is a discussion on [3.5.x] Hacking the logout box? - KDE ; I used to run a distro that allowed me to suspend or hibernate my laptop from KDE's logout box (the small window that pops up on Ctrl-Alt-Del). Unfortunately, my current distro doesn't do this. How do I configure/hack the logout ...

  1. [3.5.x] Hacking the logout box?

    I used to run a distro that allowed me to suspend or hibernate my
    laptop from KDE's logout box (the small window that pops up on
    Ctrl-Alt-Del).

    Unfortunately, my current distro doesn't do this. How do I
    configure/hack the logout box to get that functionality back?

    TIA...

    --
    ..: Jazzman :.

  2. Re: [3.5.x] Hacking the logout box?

    Jazzman wrote:
    > I used to run a distro that allowed me to suspend or hibernate my
    > laptop from KDE's logout box (the small window that pops up on
    > Ctrl-Alt-Del).
    >
    > Unfortunately, my current distro doesn't do this. How do I
    > configure/hack the logout box to get that functionality back?
    >
    > TIA...

    I'm a KDE man and use KDM as my login manager, however if memory serves
    me correctly GDM (Gnome's one) supports this and you could use this instead.

    It might be worth double-checking if KDM for KDE 4 supports this before
    you take the leap to GDM though.

    --
    Regards,
    Sheridan Hutchinson