Disable Konsole Globally - KDE

This is a discussion on Disable Konsole Globally - KDE ; How do I prevent Konsole from being run within KDE? I have tried doing a chmod 000 on Konsole, but even after doing that, I still am able to run Konsole by using the 'start application' menu. I want to ...

  1. Disable Konsole Globally

    How do I prevent Konsole from being run within KDE?
    I have tried doing a chmod 000 on Konsole, but even
    after doing that, I still am able to run Konsole by
    using the 'start application' menu. I want to disable
    that capability.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Disable Konsole Globally

    dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    > How do I prevent Konsole from being run within KDE?
    > I have tried doing a chmod 000 on Konsole, but even
    > after doing that, I still am able to run Konsole by
    > using the 'start application' menu. I want to disable
    > that capability.

    Remove the binary, but that will not prevent other way to access a terminal
    interface.

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: Disable Konsole Globally

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    >> How do I prevent Konsole from being run within KDE?
    >> I have tried doing a chmod 000 on Konsole, but even
    >> after doing that, I still am able to run Konsole by
    >> using the 'start application' menu. I want to disable
    >> that capability.

    > Remove the binary, but that will not prevent other way to access a terminal
    > interface.

    It occurred to me that kde desktop might be able to invoke Konsole via a
    library. I've looked around but haven't found anything. I'd like to
    delete that feature.

  4. Re: Disable Konsole Globally

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    >> How do I prevent Konsole from being run within KDE?
    >> I have tried doing a chmod 000 on Konsole, but even
    >> after doing that, I still am able to run Konsole by
    >> using the 'start application' menu. I want to disable
    >> that capability.

    > Remove the binary, but that will not prevent other way to access a terminal
    > interface.

    I'm not trying to prohibit console access. I'm trying to get rid of
    Konsole program itself within kde.

  5. Re: Disable Konsole Globally

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:44:46 -0500, YANSWBVCG wrote:

    > I'm not trying to prohibit console access. I'm trying to get rid of
    > Konsole program itself within kde.

    I haven't tried it, but this should work:

    sudo apt-get remove konsole

    Or, something like that.

+ Reply to Thread